Brewer Fanatic

2013-04-03 Rockies (Nicasio) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-3]

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Go Go robs Cargo!!!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

"Yikes, a little premature there? It's not like these guys are getting shelled for 6-7 runs. Guess which ballpark was #1 in the majors for home runs last year?"

Of COURSE I'm premature here. I'm pissed! These last place losers are coming into our park, and are going for 2 of 3 (almost a sweep, if Axford would have his way).

I'm venting.

My dog has not been kicked, I didn't yell at my wife, I didn't throw a beer bottle at the TV.

That's why we're here!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Your best bet is to simply ignore the first 2 weeks of the season because they don't mean squat in the long term (other than obviously counting in the W/L column but you know what I mean). The Brewers team an over the top delivery to all of their starters. This leads to a lot of Ks. If the pitchers miss down it leads to a lot of BB, if they are missing up it leads to a lot of HR and hits. This is a case of pitchers just not having good control yet and a little bit of bad luck considering the Rockies have like 7 infield hits in a 3 game series which is insane.

Well, a big part of the reason they were "last place losers" is that they had two of the best hitters in the game missing 140 + combined games. Take Braun and Ramirez off our team that much, and the Brewers would struggle, too.

Our pitching will calm down, and I hope it will improve.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Community Moderator

Of COURSE I'm premature here. I'm pissed! These last place losers are coming into our park, and are going for 2 of 3 (almost a sweep, if Axford would have his way).

I'm venting.

My dog has not been kicked, I didn't yell at my wife, I didn't throw a beer bottle at the TV.

That's why we're here!

Ok fair enough, but there's no reason to be worried...yet. Series losses are no big deal in MLB. Just have to avoid sweeps. It could be worse, this could be the 2011 Brewers. They started 0-4.

Betancourt is at 1B. And NOT Jesus H. Khrys Davis? Brilliant.

How can Davis be any more inexperienced there, than Gonzalez and Betancourt? What's the harm? I hear some people say this Davis character can even hit.

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Yeah I thinks its been mostly bad luck. Was really hoping Peralta would be the first guy to go 6 IP.
"Two three the count with nobody on, he hit a high fly into the stands. Rounding third he was heading for home, it was a brown eyed handsome man. That won the game, he was a brown eyed handsome man."

Archived