Brewer Fanatic

Buster Olney Tweet: "Im hearing rumblings of major news.": Verlander extension?

Not sure if it is what you intended... but my stomach dropped when I read this thread title. Felt better with the trade rumor bit.....

I wasnt trying to scare anyone, that tweet is all I have. As soon as Olney divulges whatever it is he is sitting on I will change the title.

Melvin extends Yuni B. 4 @ 13 with a player option for a 5th year if he finishes in the top 500 in MVP voting or Rawlings doesn't laugh when his name is mentioned.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

The Tigers announced that they have agreed to terms with Justin Verlander on a five-year contract extension through the 2019 season with a vesting option for the 2020 season. Verlander will earn $180MM over the next seven seasons and the option is worth $22MM, meaning that he can earn a total of $202MM under terms of his new deal, sources tell Buster Olney of ESPN.com (on Twitter).

zzz zzz

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Melvin extends Yuni B. 4 @ 13 with a player option for a 5th year if he finishes in the top 500 in MVP voting or Rawlings doesn't laugh when his name is mentioned.

He can get a 100k bonus if he makes a play going to his right. He gets 50k if he makes the appearance of even trying for one.

Archived