Brewer Fanatic

Tim McCarver to Retire From Fox

splitterpfj

Hmmm.... Not stellar news, but I don't think he's ever been as great of an announcer as his status with the networks over the years seems to suggest that he has.

That said, I think you also have to hand it to a guy who's persevered & succeeded like he has to get to the point of being able to retire on his own timing & terms.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Thanks for the update.

Never cared for McCarver as a broadcaster. Never understood how he ever was considered a Number 1 color guy by the networks. And I found his pairing with Joe Buck to be nearly insufferable.

But he did it his way, and to make a career of it is worthy of respect.

He got to be a number 1 color guy because he loves the Cardinals and Yankees.

I absolutely hated watching a game that him and Joe Buck were doing together. To the point that I would turn the sound completely off. Insufferable is the exact right word for that. The two of them together, for any Cardinals game, was just sickening for me.

So while I respect his career, I won't be at all sad to turn on a FOX game and not hearing his voice.

I see more gifs incoming! /thumbs up
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived