Brewer Fanatic

Anyone ever scalped tickets for Opening Day?

Bikeage77

I have 4 friends that are weighing their options on getting opening day tickets from stubhub or holding out until Monday and trying to find some in the lot.

Has anyone ever done this? I could see how waiting could have its perks, as you can find drunks that will sell their tickets because there is no way they'll make it into the game, but it's quite the gamble. Also, it might be tough to get pairs and much more difficult to find four.

How are the scalper prices, is it worth it to risk going through them? Thanks in advance!

Don't know about buying from scalpers in the parking lot, but just be aware that sometimes you can not get into the parking lot on opening day (with a car) if you do not have game tickets. Not sure if they do this every year, but I know that have done it at times in the past.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I have 4 friends that are weighing their options on getting opening day tickets from stubhub or holding out until Monday and trying to find some in the lot.

Has anyone ever done this? I could see how waiting could have its perks, as you can find drunks that will sell their tickets because there is no way they'll make it into the game, but it's quite the gamble. Also, it might be tough to get pairs and much more difficult to find four.

How are the scalper prices, is it worth it to risk going through them? Thanks in advance!

If I were you/them, the first thing I would do is take a look at this link:

http://brewers.auction.mlb.com/

If that doesn't work, then I have the following advice:

If they care about sitting together then do not wait. If they are content to get single terrace tickets and stand somewhere, go for it.

I have done it before. If you try to buy 4 tickets from a scalper, then you will pay a pretty price on Monday. Most games you can talk the scalpers down pretty far from their original prices, but that probably won't work on Monday. If you want to try to get a good deal on tickets, the best advice I can give is to get there early and put in some time and effort for the ticket buying process. There will be opportunities for a deal, you just sometimes need to act quickly (e.g., if you're near a bunch of scalpers, they will be all over anyone selling tickets cheap in no time). It also helps if you start thinking like a scalper or, better yet, like someone who may have extra tickets. It may look dorky to put up a couple fingers in the air to signal the number of tickets you need as you walk through the parking lot, but it also can work. Not everyone who has extra tickets will know/care how high demand of a game it is, they may not know how to sell a ticket in a parking lot, etc.

My general rule is that I always wait and scalp tickets if it's just me regardless of what kind of a game it is. If it's me plus one more person, I'll consider it depending on how high demand is and what tickets are going for, but in a group of four for opening day there is no way I'd wait because I wouldn't want to mess around to try to get 4 together.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The only time my friends and I ever tried it was for the first ever game at Miller Park, and nobody was selling for less than 4X face value. Obviously, that opening day was even more special than a usual opening day, so I don't know if that helps or not.

I was just at the ticket office redeeming a voucher and using a gift certificate for some tickets and they had pairs together in the Terrace for Opening Day. They're only open until 7P but if you're in the area and need tickets it's worth a shot sometime this week going down there in person.

Good to hear. I figured you might go down there since I know you're close.

I got a pair in 420 row 12 for someone in our group.

Plus I used my On Deck grab bag free ticket voucher and got 2 in the first row of 230 for the game on 4-3. And I had a $50 gift certificate that I used for 2 in 121 row 13 at half price for the 5 county promotion.

I was pretty happy with my purchase.

Archived