Brewer Fanatic

All Things Yuni

splitterpfj
He only started about 40 games with the Royals last year and wouldn't be surprised to see the same with the Brewers but that translates to 1-2 starts a week. His days of starting 5 days a week are over, no matter who the manager is.

I am hoping and praying you are correct!

I too doubt he gets 5 starts per week, but 2 or even 3 is not out of the question.

Unless an injury hits, Yuni won't even get two starts a week. He'll almost never start for Weeks/Ramirez and Segura is going to show what a talent he is.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is so well liked in the locker room, pay him to be the towel boy.

That's about how I feel as well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

McCalvy just tweeted that K Davis made the team out of camp ... which concerns me because now I'm worried YuBet is going to be the first righty off of the bench... and when Hart comes back with Gonzo there as well if Davis will be #3?

If either of those are the case I'd rather Davis just stay in AAA and get 4 at bats a day...

He only started about 40 games with the Royals last year and wouldn't be surprised to see the same with the Brewers but that translates to 1-2 starts a week. His days of starting 5 days a week are over, no matter who the manager is.

I am hoping and praying you are correct!

I too doubt he gets 5 starts per week, but 2 or even 3 is not out of the question.

Unless an injury hits, Yuni won't even get two starts a week. He'll almost never start for Weeks/Ramirez and Segura is going to show what a talent he is.

I just heard on the radio today that combining winter leagues, the minors and such Segura has more AB's over the past year than any other player in the league. So whomever the backup is I wouldn't be at all surprised if he plays more than we might ordinarily expect. Especially early so he can stay sharp later. Frankly regardless of who is behind the starter I like playing bench players often early so they stay sharp longer while also keeping the regulars fresher all season long. If the Brewer plan on Yuni being a bench player all season I want him getting more playing time early than late season. If he's only here until Bianchi or Green come back then not so much.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

• 3 weeks later...
Admit it, you love Yuni.

I do, i do.YUNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'd IT!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Any team that has their 1B batting 8th has some serious problems. Unfortunately, we shouldn't expect Aramis coming back to really to improve the situation at 1B:

ZiPS ROS:

Betencourt: .262/.289/.434

Gonzalez: .241/.278/.399

If anything, this highlights how insane it is to have Gonzalez ever at 1B.

Just noticed today he is only 16 hits away from 1,000 so he will probably reach the milestone as a Brewer. Also kind of amazed to see that Weeks and Yuni started getting regular playing time in 2005 but Yuni has over 100 more hits than Weeks.

Just noticed today he is only 16 hits away from 1,000 so he will probably reach the milestone as a Brewer. Also kind of amazed to see that Weeks and Yuni started getting regular playing time in 2005 but Yuni has over 100 more hits than Weeks.

If Rickie hacked away like Yuni has, he probably would be passed a 1,000 hits. But Weeks has over 300 more walks than Yuni B. (Weeks OBP is .60 points higher than Yuni's)

Yuni B would be a good regular SS if every pitcher were LH. He has a career .562 OPS against RHP though so he really should not be seeing regular playing time against them, especially at 1B or 3B.

Considering that YuBet has only played for the Crew just a little over one season, he has to be the most talked about player as far as posts per game played as a Brewer in the history of brewerfan.net. BF.net should really create a virtual HOF for guys like this. Russell Branyan and Yuni B could be the inaugural inductees.

It's been stated over and over and over again, but Yuni gets a bad rap. He's got some skills--just not as a shortstop and not as a starter.

It's been stated over and over and over again, but Yuni gets a bad rap. He's got some skills--just not as a shortstop and not as a starter.

He really doesn't get a bad rap. He seems lazy in the field. Think back to the passed ball that went off the umpire's mask and bounced to the dugout. He barely beat Lucroy to it despite Lucroy being at least twice as far away. Yuni was in La la land.

He does have some skills. Just not as a fielder or as a hitter. He has good people skills. At least that is the impression I get.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

He really doesn't get a bad rap. He seems lazy in the field. Think back to the passed ball that went off the umpire's mask and bounced to the dugout. He barely beat Lucroy to it despite Lucroy being at least twice as far away. Yuni was in La la land.

He does have some skills. Just not as a fielder or as a hitter. He has good people skills. At least that is the impression I get.

I don't think he's lazy...he's just slow and has bad range.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

He's fine as a utility backup IF, which is what he is doing now. He has poor range for extended play at the middle infield spots, but your bench players are going to have warts. He is a free swinger with some pop in his bat and can hit lefties pretty well. There is a role for that kinda guy as a pinch hitter.

Archived