Brewer Fanatic

All Things Yuni

splitterpfj
I don't mind Betancourt the bench guy actually, I just hated the idea of him starting. He can hit lefties and there are situations where he makes a decent PH option.

You have a guy on third and less than two out and need a SF, Yuni's your guy.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNIBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

He will be the toy that RR can't keep himself from using.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

are we sure its a major league deal? Ive seen conflicting reports

Major League deal per mlbtraderumors.com

so, i assume this means Segura will be riding pine

They'll let him play until he goes 0-for-4 one day or has an error at SS. Then, it's Yuni time.

Honestly, the thought of Yuni getting any starts at SS with Segura and Gonzalez on the roster sickens me.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

So, someone please explain. If you are on the 40 man roster does that mean you have a MLB contract? The roster is only at 25 April-August. So couldn't you have a MLB contract and still be in the minors (if you are on the 40 man roster)?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So, someone please explain. If you are on the 40 man roster does that mean you have a MLB contract? The roster is only at 25 April-August. So couldn't you have a MLB contract and still be in the minors (if you are on the 40 man roster)?

Yes, but only if you are waived and designated for assignment, clear waivers, and then are outright assigned to the minor leagues. In MLB, they mostly have split contracts for situations like this.

He didn't cost us a player or even a draft pick. Minor league deal, so no guaranteed $ so that's good too. And he's a veteran bat for the bench, which is what I said we needed anyway.

As long as RR doesn't feel compelled to play him over Segura - as long as Jeano has an OBP > .300 - then I see no harm. Just wish he was a first baseman, but hey...

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Just when I was starting to get over the Lohse signing the pull this on me?

You are killing me smalls.

He better be the 25th damn guy on the roster and he better get like .5 starts every stupid week. I swear on all that is holy if he takes away starts for Segura other than occasional rest I am going to be so pissed.

It seems like Melvin is just going out of his way to make internet message boards go ballistic

the best gif to go with the statement of "Brewers sign Yuni B to a Major League contract"

http://i.imgur.com/9Xrqw.gif

TLB's is one of my all-time favorite .gif's, though. I should've had that one queued up.

Archived