Brewer Fanatic

All Things Yuni

splitterpfj
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
.205/.235/.343

Just let him keep playing and see if he can set the negative WAR record.

That would be sweet. But RRR would probably bench him the last few games of the year so he didn't break it....like Lopes did with Jose Hernandez when he was on pace to break the strikeout record.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
I don't know what is worse, the fact the RRR keeps trotting him out there or Melvin doesn't outright release him

The fact that he was on the team in the first place.

In the 10 minutes my alarm clock gave me to snooze this morning, I had a dream I was on the Brewers. I was playing a fourth OF position, like on a softball team. Braun was in RF, Segura was at 2B, Yuni was at SS, and I was in short RF.

We were up something like 8-2 in the bottom of the 9th and just kept screwing up left and right. On one play, a runner on first for some reason decided to jog to second while the ball was actually in the first baseman's hand. The first baseman threw it to Yuni on second, but Yuni inexplicably decided not to tag the runner. I started yelling at him, but he couldn't hear me.

With two outs, it looked like the game would finally end (we were only up 2 now) when someone hit a routine fly to me. But Segura essentially screened me and kept pushing me back, even though I called for the ball. He kept pushing me farther and farther back until even he was too far back and the ball fell in front of him.

We finally won and then went through the high five line with the other team, which turned out to be comprised of little kids.

In the 10 minutes my alarm clock gave me to snooze this morning, I had a dream I was on the Brewers. I was playing a fourth OF position, like on a softball team. Braun was in RF, Segura was at 2B, Yuni was at SS, and I was in short RF.

We were up something like 8-2 in the bottom of the 9th and just kept screwing up left and right. On one play, a runner on first for some reason decided to jog to second while the ball was actually in the first baseman's hand. The first baseman threw it to Yuni on second, but Yuni inexplicably decided not to tag the runner. I started yelling at him, but he couldn't hear me.

With two outs, it looked like the game would finally end (we were only up 2 now) when someone hit a routine fly to me. But Segura essentially screened me and kept pushing me back, even though I called for the ball. He kept pushing me farther and farther back until even he was too far back and the ball fell in front of him.

We finally won and then went through the high five line with the other team, which turned out to be comprised of little kids.

I hope this post exists for all eternity.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I hope this post exists for all eternity.

LOL somebody had to say it.

The best/weirdest dreams always happen between that initial alarm and it's following 10min snooze!

.205/.235/.343

Just let him keep playing and see if he can set the negative WAR record.

That would be sweet. But RRR would probably bench him the last few games of the year so he didn't break it....like Lopes did with Jose Hernandez when he was on pace to break the strikeout record.

That's assuming RRR knows what WAR is.

I think the Brewers would be better off playing Yovani Gallardo at 1b (on the days he's not pitching of course) rather than Yuni. Gallardo has an OPS of .719 right now to Yuni B's .569.

I doubt Gallardo would play 1B any worse than Yuni.

Other pitchers outhitting Yuni would be Marco Estrada, Alfredo Figaro and Donovan Hand.

I love having Yuni on the team and knowing that he is on pace for 500+ at bats.

A guy at work was giving me a hard time during Yuni's hot streak. I told him the worst thing that could have happened was his hot streak, it meant he would be playing WAY more then he should.

We should keep Yuni on the roster all year but only use him against elite RHP to see if he can get his OBP below .200

Bill Bergen, probably the worst player of all time at anything, once put up a .214 OBP in about 350 PA's.

I have a dream that Yuni can put up a similarly low OBP over a similarly high number of PA's.

• 4 weeks later...
Verified Member

G AB H BB K AVG OBP SLG OPS

90 281 58 10 50 .206 .235 .349 .583

With the Brewers playing terrible and the Braun turmoil, I feel like kicking a puppy. I don't have a puppy but I do have Bety. Hope he gets another start today.

Anybody hear the pregame interview with Yuni on the radio yesterday? He said that his nickname back in Cuba was "Rickie Millie". When Joe Block asked why they called him that, he said something like "Back in Cuba, baseball is the national sport so as kids we play baseball in the streets. And when I played baseball in the streets everyone would say there goes Rickie Millie! There goes Rickie Millie!"
"Two three the count with nobody on, he hit a high fly into the stands. Rounding third he was heading for home, it was a brown eyed handsome man. That won the game, he was a brown eyed handsome man."

Can we just call up Josh Prince already? Seriously, why is Yuni B still on the team? Because he can stink at multiple positions?

It's flat out ridiculous that Yuni B is on pace for more than 400 PAs. With the majority of them coming at first base and third base, no less. It's probably delusion that he has any trade value, but if he's on the roster on August 1st, that's a firable offense, IMO.

Anybody hear the pregame interview with Yuni on the radio yesterday? He said that his nickname back in Cuba was "Rickie Millie". When Joe Block asked why they called him that, he said something like "Back in Cuba, baseball is the national sport so as kids we play baseball in the streets. And when I played baseball in the streets everyone would say there goes Rickie Millie! There goes Rickie Millie!"

After a little googling I realize that he was actually trying to say "Reeking Billy", which is hilarious since he does in fact reek.

"Two three the count with nobody on, he hit a high fly into the stands. Rounding third he was heading for home, it was a brown eyed handsome man. That won the game, he was a brown eyed handsome man."

Can we just call up Josh Prince already? Seriously, why is Yuni B still on the team? Because he can stink at multiple positions?

Actually, yes. By carrying 13 pitchers and only 5 infielders they need someone who can play every infield position. Halton can't play SS, probably can't play 2B, and given his size would probably be worse defensively than Yuni at 3B.

From what I hear Yuni is a really good clubhouse guy - always smiling, always happy, keeps things loose. In a season like this they probably need that in the clubhouse.

Actually, yes. By carrying 13 pitchers and only 5 infielders they need someone who can play every infield position. Halton can't play SS, probably can't play 2B, and given his size would probably be worse defensively than Yuni at 3B.

From what I hear Yuni is a really good clubhouse guy - always smiling, always happy, keeps things loose. In a season like this they probably need that in the clubhouse.

I have a hard time believing Prince would be worse at SS, 2B or 3B than Yuni. I don't particularly care about the clubhouse at this point. It's a bunch of young guys who are eager to play in the bigs, they don't need Yuni's happy sunshiney-ness.

dont worry, theres still two months left of the season

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

They lost me for the season once he started a game at 1B. Haven't watched more than an inning here or there since. There's too much good baseball being played to waste my time with the garbage that the Brewers put on the field.

Yeah, I don't think anyone will say that Yuni B will never have a good game or a key hit. Only that they're few and far between and Yuni B is not part of the future of the team. Not in any significant capacity. If he was the last man on the bench, getting very little playing time, fine. But as a regular? That's part of the reason for the Brewers lost season. A significant part.

Archived