Brewer Fanatic

Positive thoughts thread 2013

Patrick425

In the spirit of Monty57's turning negatives around....

As painful and not-ideal as it is to have this scary/ugly of a stretch at the beginning of a season, I'm a believer that most teams go through a stretch like this and I'd actually rather get it out of the way early because when it comes together & the team goes on a tear, it's more exciting to see them gain ground at a great pace after initially playing badly than it is to have a great initial stretch, only to then go through the demoralizing process of watching a momentum- & season-killing slow-motion blood-letting.

(Sorry about the killer complex sentence. My English teachers from 30 years ago would be proud.)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As has been mentioned several times in this thread already. Jean Segura has been a bright spot since we traded ZG. Im glad DM made that deal, because realistically there was no way Zack would have stayed in Milwaukee after last year for what they could have offered,
Formerly AirShuttle6104

My bright spots:

-Jean Segura... a SS that can defend and hit. Looks like a legit leadoff type.

-Nori Aoki.. a nice core piece playing well.

-Braun.. he's just unreal.

-Peralta/Estrada.. nice bounce-back outings! Looks great. Definitely excited to see how they roll this year.

-Lohse.. I'll reserve a bit of judgment for now as it's only been one start, but he started off fantastic.

-SP prospects: Burgos, Hellweg, Nelson, Jungman, Thornburg, even Bradley have started off really well and have some serious potential to positively impact our starting pitching. (I think this is the most pivotal year for prospects since Prince/Braun/Weeks were coming through)

Archived