Brewer Fanatic

New between innings entertainment this year

AZBrewCrew

Wasnt sure where to put this

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/199891901.html

MILWAUKEE - Considering the weather, it may be hard to believe that Brewers baseball starts in a few days.

However, Brewers staff at Miller Park are preparing the stadium for exhibitions on Friday and Saturday against the Chicago White Sox, and the season opener against Colorado on Monday.

"This is one of the busiest times of the season for us. Our biggest day of the year ends up being Opening Day," explained Aleta Mercer, the vice president of entertainment and broadcasting.

She and her crew are behind the scoreboard, the music and the fun at Miller Park.

"We have a really good show, and we think we can do even better," she told TODAY'S TMJ4's Melissa McCrady.

The Brewers starting planning 2013's entertainment during the middle of the 2012 season, seeking suggestions from fans, players and staff.

They want the best ways to get the crowd up and out of their seats to cheer.

"We've got 40,000 fans who haven't seen baseball at home for the last six months, and that makes us want to bring out the big show and really make it shine."

In 2013, you can expect the old with the new.

The old: The Klement's Sausage Race.

The new: a sing-along contest and another interactive activity called Phrase Game, similar to Wheel of Fortune.

The fun is just days away.

"We're excited. We're really excited."

For me personally, I dont like all of the cutesy games and contests ballparks do between innings. It just reminds me of Chase Field where its more of a carnival like atmosphere than a baseball game.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Aleta Mercer is obligated to put a happy face on this, but few things mean less to me than the between innings stuff at the ballpark.

Give me the 2013 version of Frank Charles and that's enough. Everything else is irritating noise.

"This is one of the busiest times of the season for us. Our biggest day of the year ends up being Opening Day,"

"...when at any one time during the game 15% of the crowd realizes what's going on, while the other 85% is either blackout drunk, doing beer bongs in the parking lot, standing in an hour long bathroom line, vomiting in the concourse, or standing in line for three innings to get a brat..."

Welp, without the Triple Play Trivia of years past, we would probably never have gotten around to calling Jim Edmonds "Diego," which for me at least made his time as a Brewer manageable. I suppose it has a place.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Most stadiums have awful in-game entertainment. That's one thing I love about Miller Park is they let the game be the entertainment. Do they still do the classic Brewers' Jukebox?

Here in AZ, Chase Field has laughable in-game entertainment. Nobody finds it fun

Archived