Brewer Fanatic

The Kyle Lohse Love/Hate Thread

reillymcshane

Adding Lohse makes plenty of sense, for the sake of upgrading the 2013 rotation.

BUT

I would have kept that pick. Without even thinking of how St Louis gets the pick, even if it was going somewhere else...I would have kept the pick.

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What also is infuriating is the fact that now we have signed a guy to a "multi-year contract" who isn't going to be ready for Opening Day apparently. If we were going to do this, why not do it three weeks ago so he would a part of the rotation from Opening Day?

I really hope we all eat our words after winning the Division in October and Lohse goes 15-7 with a 3.5 ERA.

Adding Lohse makes plenty of sense, for the sake of upgrading the 2013 rotation.

BUT

I would have kept that pick. Without even thinking of how St Louis gets the pick, even if it was going somewhere else...I would have kept the pick.

Either Way the Cardinals were going to get the 28th pick. that had nothing to do with us

This.

As much as I was against Lohse, none of the young guys did much to give anyone hope this spring training. I hate to say it, but I look at Fiers as fools gold, and Rogers is just simply an overrated, bad pitcher.

So nobody wants him, it's almost time for the season to start and the best we can do is 3 years/33 million? Really? What was the asking price two months ago?

He's already 34, awesome deal Doug, Awesome. /blue

3/33 I guess isn't all that bad but why always with the 3rd year? We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time.

I am not as mad as I would have been if the young guys hadn't sucked all spring. We were facing an atricious starting rotation they way those guys were pitching. So at least that part of it makes sense.

I don't know that Lohse is really blocking anybody either. There are three spots for everyone not named Gallardo or Lohse so the younger guys should still get ample opportunity unless Narveson, Peralta, etc don't let go of those spots

So nobody wants him, it's almost time for the season to start and the best we can do is 3 years/33 million? Really? What was the asking price two months ago?

I get the feeling this is more Mark A then Doug. just a feeling though

The cardinals wont get "our" pick, they get an additional pick after the first round. I may be wrong though.

I am pretty sure they get our pick ... Which is why it is a horrible signing

No. The Cardinals do not.

The pick the Brewers have simply goes away, and every team moves up one. The Cards pick will come at the end of the round.

The cardinals wont get "our" pick, they get an additional pick after the first round. I may be wrong though.

No, it's been pointed out that the new CBA eliminates that. The signing team loses a pick but the other team receives a supplemental pick, not the signing team's pick.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

No the new cba switched this. They only get an additional pick after the first round which in this case is the 28th pick

For some reason I feel like this signing had more to do with MA than with Doug. I read something a while back that Boras was calling MA directly and giving him his Lohse pitch, but I could be wrong.

Sometimes I wish the Brewers were more like the Packers in free agency.

If we wanted a legitimate shot to compete this year, you had to make this signing. Our rotation was basically Gallardo and a bunch of #4 starters. That wouldn't get it done.

How much impact would this signing have, really? I don't think going from 79 to 83 wins isn't going to get this team to the playoffs.

While I'm not a fan of this signing it looks more like a Wolf signing than a Suppan one. He'll likely give a us a couple years of above average to average production and probably totally waste $11 million the third. Not a good signing long term but it should help us this season.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived