Brewer Fanatic

The Kyle Lohse Love/Hate Thread

reillymcshane

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I need to know the money on it before making a determination

i'm betting 2 years with an option for a 3rd. $9 million/year. just a guess.

if so I am ok with the move. not thrilled but ok. I believe it was J.P. Breen who wrote a very intelligent article about the value of signing Lohse

Despite the weak draft there are some guys that do have good talent that would have been available for the Brewers. This team does not need quick-fixes for a negligible increase in chance for the playoffs, they need a long-term solution, which means accumulating draft picks.

Honestly signing Lohse seems like a panic move.... that's as effective as using a band-aid to fix a crack in a dam.

I realize that you can't count on young pitchers and many of them will flame out...but why block all the young guys? We spent all this time drafting all these pitchers, and assuming this contract is for at least 2-3 years, you've essentially blocked at least 2, if not 3 spots in the rotation for the foreseeable future (Yo, Lohse, Estrada?). Where are guys like Fiers, Rogers, Burgos, Thornburg, etc going to pitch?

Archived