Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Inquiry

I absolutely loathe the Bluemound lots. The bathroom situation is horrible just about everywhere but it's the worst there. Plus, it takes forever to get out of that lot after the game. I don't think the atmosphere is any different there than the other general lots. The only reason I could see of in wanting to park there is because it's basically the only original lot left from County Stadium, if I'm not mistaken.
This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

It's a tad smaller, and I don't think it realy gets too wild, other than right up front by the giant groups.

Yeah, it's always interesting to witness the distinct stages of drunkenness as you walk from the back of the lot to the front. By the time you get to the first few rows by the bridge, everyone is having a noticeably good time.

Since I got season tickets about 8 years ago, every single year I've made a suggestion to my ticket rep that my experience would be greatly improved if they added more bathrooms in the Bluemound lot. And every year nothing has changed. There are about 1/2 as many bathrooms in that lot as to what I would expect and it leads to people climbing up into the woods and peeing, which is funny to watch, but still gross.

That being said, I do like it because it's smaller, not too bad from a party standpoint and if you come from the east, very, very easy to get into.

Okay. So my buddy who lives in Milwaukee signed us up for a bus trip through a bar called the Eastsider. $20 gets us beer for the tailgate and a bus ride to and from the game. Sounds like a great time. Look for me- I'll be the only person wearing black and purple!

Has anyone come into mp on national and cut over behind the hospital on Mitchell before miller park way?

I could be wrong, but I believe, before games, they close off that road from the VA hospital that feeds onto Mitchell Blvd (if that is what you are referring to).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

so the only options in to the stadium are canal, bluemound and mp way. Does anyone know if you can get into preffered parking via 94 (left side exit / old way into county stadium) before hitting MP Way?

I know they change some of the normal rules on Opening Day, but we have been able to get into preferred parking from the I94 left side exit (going eastbound on I94) for all other games. Regardless, I'm pretty sure if you have a preferred pass, no matter what exit you get off at, if you show your pass they will get you directed towards preferred parking.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Thanks Patrick. I purchased the preferred pass specifically to get in that route. It should save about an hour as opposed to going around MP Way. We have just had problems coming in eastbound. Last year we tried Bluemound and that was bad. The year before we tried National and couldn't make a left on MP Way.

The year before we tried National and couldn't make a left on MP Way.

We always take MP Way but yeah, coming off National doesn't work too well. You have to get on farther south like at Burnham. There's still a wait but you're pointed north from the get go.

Thanks Patrick. I purchased the preferred pass specifically to get in that route. It should save about an hour as opposed to going around MP Way. We have just had problems coming in eastbound. Last year we tried Bluemound and that was bad. The year before we tried National and couldn't make a left on MP Way.

Although I have not gone to opening day in years, so I'm not sure how crazy the entrances get, I do have one thought for you (I have done this for other sell out games during the season). If you take Bluemound, or better yet, North Avenue to 41 (Miller Park Way), then go past 94 and take that entrance off of Miller parkway going south, you may avoid the backups to Miller Parkway that sometimes occur on 94 east bound. Also, note that most people who enter the stadium off of Miller Park Way going south believe that you have to be in the far right lane when actually you can access the stadium exit using both lanes (You actually don't want to be in the far right lane if you are going to preferred). So, sometimes you can fly by many of the cars that are at a standstill in the far right lane.

To add to Patrick's tips, once you're exited off Miller Park Way and if you're parking in the general Yount/Uecker/East of the river lots, once you're pointed east on what turns into Canal St ("Frederick Miller Way") officially get in the far right lane. A lot of people think that the far right lane is only for traffic that wants to continue east on Canal. But you are able to turn left once you get up to Canal. It'll possibly save you a little time.

Archived