Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day Inquiry

Hello, Brewer Fans! I'll be making my way up to Milwaukee for Opening Day to cheer on my Rox! Although I've been to games at Miller Park before, Opening Day there will be a new experience for me. Does anybody have any recommendations regarding pre-game events/bars/festivities, etc.? Thanks in advance and good luck to ya this year!

Pretty much all of the bars on Bluemound Rd have some type of drink special during Opening Day and they are always packed to the gills. Best part is they offer free shuttles to the park so you dont have to worry about trying to find a place to park.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

If you plan on tailgating (which you should), be prepared to either get to the lot super early (like 8am) or get there later. Either way you'll be waiting for either the lot to open or the cars ahead of you to get in.

Bring a grill, get some brats going and have some beers with friends. Opening Day at Miller Park can be like St. Patrick's day or New Years. Be prepared for people completely hammered.

Most people you'll be around should be super friendly, as long as your not talking trash about the Crew ;) that's not to say people won't be hassling you for wearing Rockies gear, because to some extent they prolly will.

If you enjoy drinking you'll have an absolute blast. Opening Day is referred to as "Christmas in April" in our 20-pack ticket group and we regard it as what should be a national holiday. Like everyone else stated, if you go the tailgating route - get there early. We typically get there 5.5 hours before first pitch and we have to wait in line for 30-60 minutes before they even open the gates (once traffic backs up to the freeway and creates hazards basically)

And like Bikeage said, it's likely you'll get heckled by at least a few drunken college kids; but for the most part it's a joyous occasion and most people are pleasant.

If you want to enjoy a peaceful, uninterrupted, game I'd recommend going to the second game as well if possible. We usually like to try and go to both (when it's not during the week like this) to be able to party for one game and then thoroughly enjoy the game the next.

I personally feel that it brings out the worst kind of fans. There is nothing more annoying then obnoxiously drunk people. Not only that but they then have to go to the bathroom and on beer runs about 12 times a game and never seem to follow proper baseball etiquette and stand up in the middle of a pitch or an at bat. Never again for me.

Please don't judge Miller Park or Brewers fans by the opening day crowd.

To tack on to what Dean Machine stated. If you are going as a baseball fan to enjoy a game, opening day in Milwaukee is probably the worst possible day to do that. If you are going as someone who likes to party and get drunk (and not pay a whole lot of attention to the game), it should be a great day for you.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

In past years I've seen people puking, fighting, making out and flat out passed out, but it has seemed much better the past two seasons, and not as full of wild crazy drunk people. Those people still exist no doubt, but I don't think it's as crazy as it has been in the past. To some degree that's because I park in preferred parking and it's not the same party atmosphere in that lot as the general lot, but even inside the stadium is better.

As for inside the stadium, I don't think Milwaukee fans are great about not getting up between innings in the first place, so I don't know that I consider that any better or any worse really. The bathroom lines for the men are ridiculous on opening day though, although a lot of times if you just walk down to the next bathroom there's basically no line.

Also, while you need to get to the lots earlier than you would any other game, you don't have to be there when the gates open just to get in. I would be sure to be out there by 10am though.

You guys are awesome! Thanks for all the input! I know how hard it is to get Rockies Opening Day tickets so my friends and I were fortunate enough to get tickets through the email lottery early on. As for the experience at Miller Park, this will be my fourth trip there to see the Rox play, just never on Opening Day. I have friends that live in Milwaukee, and it's one of my favorite places to watch a live game, so there was no way that I was going to miss Opening Day this year.

To tack on to what Dean Machine stated. If you are going as a baseball fan to enjoy a game, opening day in Milwaukee is probably the worst possible day to do that. If you are going as someone who likes to party and get drunk (and not pay a whole lot of attention to the game), it should be a great day for you.

I have a feeling it's like this everywhere. I went opening day (night) in Atlanta last year since the Brewers were in town and it was awful. Drunk college kids and 20-somethings were way over-represented.

Brewers fans drink a lot during all the games, so that's nothing new or something that only happens on opening day. I've been to the last 5 opening days at Miller Park and honestly it's my favorite game of the regular season other than playoff games, which I've been too. The fans are loud and are really into the game compared to others despite a good portion being intoxicated. What else would you expect from a sell out drunk crowd of 42,000-43,000 fans?

Some advice,

As one poster mentioned show up to Miller park a day to two early to purchase parking in advance. This is important. It might be a couple dollars cheaper too.

Show up extra early. They will open the parking lot earlier I believe so to secure a spot show up early.

Tailgate. This is the best part other than a win.

Brewers fans are awesome fans, though they have some room for improvement noise wise (could be louder). Look at the Brewers fans from the late 70's-80's as proof.

Just enjoy yourself man and have a blast. Baseball is the best sport in the world.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Personally I like the east lots (Yount/Uecker). It's easy to access since it's right off the freeway, but again, get there early. You can also access this lot from Canal Street. Depending on where your friends live and where you are staying, that may or may not be a good option.

All the lots will be packed, and all will be partying. Whatever your friends preference is, you probably can't go wrong.

A few other tips, unless you can find a median, this isn't the game to bring yer glove or a football to throw around. Also, at first notice you might have to use the rest room, grab a beer and walk over to the port-a-lets, the lines can get pretty long. You don't wanna be dancing in line.

Depends on what kind of experience you want. In my experience, the general lots on the south side of the stadium are far more of a party atmosphere. The lots on the north side, especially the preferred lot, are still active with tailgate parties, but less rowdiness.

There is also a smaller preferred lot sort of in-between, by the buses. The bus groups are normally pretty party heavy and that lot is a pain to get out of after a game.

Also, at first notice you might have to use the rest room, grab a beer and walk over to the port-a-lets, the lines can get pretty long. You don't wanna be dancing in line.

Yeah, pretty long as in 45 minutes to an hour. Better yet, if you are imbibing, throw someone a few bucks to use the porta potty/bucket/makeshift toilet that they brought in for their party. Parking lot facilities are woefully inadequate.

Also, at first notice you might have to use the rest room, grab a beer and walk over to the port-a-lets, the lines can get pretty long. You don't wanna be dancing in line.

Yeah, pretty long as in 45 minutes to an hour. Better yet, if you are imbibing, throw someone a few bucks to use the porta potty/bucket/makeshift toilet that they brought in for their party. Parking lot facilities are woefully inadequate.

Best $20 bucks I spent at Opening Day a few years back was to a guy who threw a PortaPotty in the back of his Chevy Silverado, made a little stairway to get into the bed of his truck, unlimited use before and after the game.

Formerly AirShuttle6104

If you want the full Opening Day "Party" experience I suggest the "Molitor" General parking lot beyond the underpass. If you want a more tame experience any of the preferred lots are for you.

Like others have stated, buying parking in advance is crucial. Guarantees you won't be left out of the lot and you'll save $6/$11 on general/preferred.

As a word of caution, having prepaid parking doesn't necessarily get you a spot if you get there to late; as I learned the year my friend decided to go to work for a few hours before going out to the park and we, very very slowly, got bounced from lot to lot until we finally had to leave the stadium area and go park illegally on in the neighborhood streets north of the stadium.

Good times, good times.

As a word of caution, having prepaid parking doesn't necessarily get you a spot if you get there to late; as I learned the year my friend decided to go to work for a few hours before going out to the park and we, very very slowly, got bounced from lot to lot until we finally had to leave the stadium area and go park illegally on in the neighborhood streets north of the stadium.

Good times, good times.

Wow, that would infuriate me. I would definitely be contacting the Brewers if that happened and asking for a refund. How hard is it to A) Know how many spots are avaialable and B) Don't sell any more tickets that spots that are available - taking the pre-sold spots into account??

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Quick question. I am sitting in 233. Am I going to have a giant foul pole in my view? It seems by looking at it, I may. Any help is appreciated.

Courtesy of SeatData... http://seatdata.com/images/mlb_brewers/800x600/233.jpg

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I usually park in the lot just off of Bluemound, I'm pretty postive those are the "Molitor" ones. It's a tad smaller, and I don't think it realy gets too wild, other than right up front by the giant groups. One thing I will add though is the lack of bathrooms. Waiting lines for them can easily be 30 minutes. We always bring our own bathroom and we usually let other people use it. Sometimes we charge them a buck or two, other times we just let them use it, depends on who is near and how they approach us, but most people will let you...just ask first.

Archived