Brewer Fanatic

Rotation

MVP2110

If Peralta were to struggle and Fiers be solid, they'll just send Peralta down and keep Fiers.

Question for the guys who know the rules. If we start the season with Peralta on the MLB roster, and then send him down mid-season, could we still get the extra year if he's in the minors for the required amount of time, or do we only get the extra year if he starts the season in the minors. I think we get the year either way (JJ Hardy ruling), but I don't want to assume.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A player only accrues MLB service time when he's up in MLB. So they could send Peralta down midseason & save on service time. As you noted, that's what they did with JJ Hardy. It wasn't a ruling, it's just a simple matter of service time/days.

EDIT: didn't mean for that last sentence to be condescending... just meant the matter is actually very simple in that service time is the only factor that matters.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Adam McCalvy ‏@AdamMcCalvy 2m

Chris Narveson will begin the season as #Brewers long man. Fiers is in the rotation. Details coming to http://Brewers.com .

This is some unexpected, but fantastic news. Gotta go with Fiers here. He's the better pitcher. Glad they made the right move. Narveson is a 5 at best, and was got lit up in almost all of his spring starts. I'm a little concerned with Fiers, but at least he offers some upside. And it's smart to give him a chance at least. Narveson also actually has experience in the pen.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

This is what I said should happen a long time ago. Narveson had no business in the rotation, finally someone else sees it that way.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This is what I said should happen a long time ago. Narveson had no business in the rotation, finally someone else sees it that way.

You are completely misinterpreting the move of Narveson to the pen. He's coming off an injury and they don't want to push him hard early. This gives them time to further evaluate both Peralta and Fiers in games that count. It's fairly likely that at least one of those two struggles, and if that happens we'll see Narveson in rotation by May 1.

I kind of like how they are going about this. This now seems like actual death and ability to make changes as the year goes on. They can save service time on the young guys and if things fall apart we can still bring them up. Good stuff.

Could be nothing but Brewers.com lists Lohse as the 4th starter, so I am assuming that is where he will be slotted to start the year making his debut friday against Arizona

They've been saying it would be Friday or Saturday, so that would make sense. I'd guess that's what they'll go with.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Could be nothing but Brewers.com lists Lohse as the 4th starter, so I am assuming that is where he will be slotted to start the year making his debut friday against Arizona

This is now confirmed per McCalvy, Lohse will pitch Friday versus D-backs. Based on rotation schedule he will miss the April 12-14 go around with the Cardinals.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Archived