Brewer Fanatic

Braun, Biogenesis and the Whole Crazy Thing

splitterpfj
  • Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
106 games left this season and it's a lost season anyway. May as well get it started now and go into next season with a fresh start.

On the other hand, who knows what sort of tactics -- bribes, intimidation, that MLB used to get the information they wanted. Not defending Braun, but I'm disgusted with Major League Baseball's agenda-like approach to this. If they approached fan concerns with the vigor that they approached this with, they would have changed the highly outdated blackout restrictions years ago.

I would imagine dropping the lawsuit they had against Bosch was a pretty big deal to him. I think the suit was a load of bunk (I read a few attorneys say MLB wouldn't win), but I doubt Bosch had the kind of money needed to defend himself from MLB.

ugh.

I'm not quite ready to take ESPN at face value anyway. They've been wrong on this before, and I have a hard time seeing this fly with the powerful MLBPA. MLB couldn't nail Braun for a suspension when they had a bottle of hot urine. Now I am to believe they can nail him and 20 others based on a sworn statement from Bosch? I can't see the MLBPA just letting this go.

I'm not quite ready to take ESPN at face value anyway. They've been wrong on this before, and I have a hard time seeing this fly with the powerful MLBPA. MLB couldn't nail Braun for a suspension when they had a bottle of hot urine. Now I am to believe they can nail him and 20 others based on a sworn statement from Bosch? I can't see the MLBPA just letting this go.

they wont and you can rest assured there will be grievances filed immediately and taken to arbitration

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I've never understood why people were so quick to assume that Braun wouldn't dope? Is it because he's a Brewer and our guys wouldn't do that sort of thing?

The old saying about smoke and fire... well... this is the 2nd time he's been connected.

I would think after the whole Lance Armstrong fiasco that most people would automatically swing the other way.

If they are going to suspend him might as well do it tomorrow so it doesn't affect 2014 at all.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

You read the article and it sounds every bit like the Witchhunt to nab Lance Armstrong. The guy is broke, lost his business and MLB is making sure they get what they want. There's a helluva good chance that Bosch rather than be completely broke within 1 year will suddenly be Millionaire times 10 in a year or more when this is said and done.

I'd crumble under that circumstance. I hope they can put Bosch on the stand with a Lie Detector test in front of the judge.

How do you even name names? When you have you drugs delivered to a code name by some other person and you never seen these code named people face to face once?

I read the comment board briefly from the ESPN link. Oddly commented is that Braun is the only "White" ballplayer among all these names. The rest are Hispanic.

I've never understood why people were so quick to assume that Braun wouldn't dope? Is it because he's a Brewer and our guys wouldn't do that sort of thing?

The old saying about smoke and fire... well... this is the 2nd time he's been connected.

I would think after the whole Lance Armstrong fiasco that most people would automatically swing the other way.

If they are going to suspend him might as well do it tomorrow so it doesn't affect 2014 at all.

I don't necessarily think he wouldn't. But it definitely compromises his stature as a Brewers legend.

I'm just very turned off by how vigilant MLB was on this. It wasn't an investigation. It was a witch hunt.

Yep.....I wanted him to be innocent but at this point even the homer in me can't get there.

It will be interesting to see if Braun takes the potentially penalty based on the craptastic year we are having or if he continues to fight this. I'm not sure how an employer paying a third party to bust their own employees would stand up if/when this goes to court. I understand that PEDS are a problem, but this along with the drawn out legal cases that are sure to come make MLB seem ridiculous.

I'm not sure you can Lance Armstrong a witch hunt as he was ultimately cheating the entire time and lying about it. In fact as it turns out he was pretty much horrible to anyone that wouldn't go along with his plan.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Is there a clause in his contract that says he doesn't get paid if he get's suspended for a banned substance?
Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Because it doesn't make sense. You can be skeptical about his innocence all you want TC07 but the deal is this none of us on this board, not OTL on ESPN, MLB Network or anyone else was on the three person panel was on the board that overturned his suspension. He won that. He won it for good reason apparently. None of us know the true reason either because it has all been speculated as to why Das voted for Braun after siding with MLB in all previous cases. He never commented. MLB's actions of firing Das, suing Bosch and purchasing records from the Miami paper all reek of an agenda.

Did Braun do it? Maybe but MLB's actions make them look incredibly vindictive even if it were Yadier Molina or a Cardinal getting suspended. That's why people have sided with Braun, not necessarily believed he didn't or wouldn't dope.

Whether Braun did it or not, and whether he ever serves a suspension or not...this whole thing has been ridiculous.

No matter what ultimately happens, nobody wins in this thing.

I agree completely. Even if Braun is suspended I have lost all respect for MLB.

Also, ninja33 was currect, MLB agreed to drop their lawsuit if he cooperated.

In exchange for Bosch's full cooperation, sources said, Major League Baseball will drop the lawsuit it filed against Bosch in March; indemnify him for any liability arising from his cooperation; provide personal security for him and even put in a good word with any law enforcement agency that may bring charges against him.

Seriously, though, this sucks. Not just because Braun may be done, but because baseball is making a joke out of itself with these inane proceedings.

They (ESPN and MLB) were complicit with McGwire, Sosa, and Bonds, and because of that due process is out the window.

edit: Took down the picture.

Because it doesn't make sense. You can be skeptical about his innocence all you want TC07 but the deal is this none of us on this board, not OTL on ESPN, MLB Network or anyone else was on the three person panel was on the board that overturned his suspension. He won that. He won it for good reason apparently. None of us know the true reason either because it has all been speculated as to why Das voted for Braun after siding with MLB in all previous cases. He never commented. MLB's actions of firing Das, suing Bosch and purchasing records from the Miami paper all reek of an agenda.

Did Braun do it? Maybe but MLB's actions make them look incredibly vindictive even if it were Yadier Molina or a Cardinal getting suspended. That's why people have sided with Braun, not necessarily believed he didn't or wouldn't dope.

This is pretty much perfect. Couldn't agree more. MLB just looks so bad and just has a big agenda vs Braun and probably will forever now even thought the proof really isn't there and he is one of their biggest stars making them money.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm neither for nor against Braun. I am against vindictive abuse of power and kangaroo courts.

To 'get' these guys MLB has basically decided to single-handedly bankrupt, through threat of litigation, the guy who will be their prime witness. I doubt there will be any truly independant corroboration of the allegations. If that's what happens and that's what it takes to get guys suspended, MLBPA should just be decertified immediately, because all they're really doing then is stealing money from thel players. The agents can handle the economic issues by themselves.

The sad thing is that nobody outside a very select group of people will ever really know what the evidence is or isn't. This will all be handled in a very non-public way, except for the carefully crafted stories that will be supported by cooperative leaks and multiple sources who won't really be independant sources. If these guys are cheating they should be accountable, but the broader systemic issues at this point are so much more important than whehter this guy or that guy cheated.

I'm neither for nor against Braun. I am against vindictive abuse of power and kangaroo courts.

To 'get' these guys MLB has basically decided to single-handedly bankrupt, through threat of litigation, the guy who will be their prime witness. I doubt there will be any truly independant corroboration of the allegations. If that's what happens and that's what it takes to get guys suspended, MLBPA should just be decertified immediately, because all they're really doing then is stealing money from thel players. The agents can handle the economic issues by themselves.

Not only this but MLB is essentially granting a drug dealer complete immunity in order to punish the users. If that isn't backwards I don't know what it.

I don't care if he is guilty or innocent, I just dislike when people jump to goofy conclusions because they just read what is the mainstream media and assume things from it. He didn't get off on just some goofy technicality, there was a lot more to it than that. It doesn't mean the sample was actually positive though. It won't surprise me if anyone did steroids. The only players I'd really be bothered by would be Ken Griffy Jr and Cal Ripken Jr.

Is there a clause in his contract that says he doesn't get paid if he get's suspended for a banned substance?

All suspensions for banned substances are unpaid. So....they would shave 5M+ off the payroll this year.

Not only this but MLB is essentially granting a drug dealer complete immunity in order to punish the users. If that isn't backwards I don't know what it.

It's worse than that.

If Bosch fought this, he'd end up bankrupted by civil litigation, even if he wins.

If Bosch says that he's a drug dealer (or embellishes the degree to which he is, or embellishes his connections), he can spin himself as a hero in the same way some folks view Canseco. He'll be, in a very twisted way, the guy who helped CLEAN UP BASEBALL. He'll go from bankruptcy to actually making money off this. No bias there, right?

People should not underestimate the role ESPN is playing in this, either. There is not a shred of actual reporting in this latest article. They are acting as MLB's mouthpiece. They don't even have the courtesy to give credit to the New Times in South Florida the credit they deserve for being the ones who have done virtually all the legwork on this story. Everything else has been internal MLB people leaning on folks to try to evaluate the story from a prosecutorial perspective.

Archived