Brewer Fanatic

Braun, Biogenesis and the Whole Crazy Thing

splitterpfj

This whole "investigation" has been laughable from the beginning but MLB's credibility will take an enormous hit if this proves true. A lifetime ban for what? Successfully winning an appeal?

Braun's lawyers are going to have a field day with this in the event we have seen most of the evidence.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't get is doesn't the player have to FAIL a drug test to be suspended? I mean, MLB couldn't suspend Pete Rose for life from baseball, unless it was PROVEN he gambled against his own team, right? Just hanging around with unsavory characters, while bad judgement, is not an offense. Infuriating!

What I don't get is doesn't the player have to FAIL a drug test to be suspended? I mean, MLB couldn't suspend Pete Rose for life from baseball, unless it was PROVEN he gambled against his own team, right? Just hanging around with unsavory characters, while bad judgement, is not an offense. Infuriating!

The Players Association signed off on the deal. If there is evidence that you purchased banned substances, or distributed banned substances, or were in possession of banned substances, that's in violation and you're subject to penalty.

The Players Association signed off on the deal. If there is evidence that you purchased banned substances, or distributed banned substances, or were in possession of banned substances, that's in violation and you're subject to penalty.

OK....evidence. Is there evidence, outside of Bosch, to prove that Braun did anything? Right now, all we know is his name was on a list. And the word of Bosch is either for or against him. But, that's it. In a court of law, you have to have something more than circumstantial evidence. I realize, it's not the court of law, and the PA signed off on the deal. But, two and two don't add up here.

But, two and two don't add up here.

How do we really know what's what? Just like with his appealed suspension, we don't know any details so how can we make definitive statements about anything?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Really? This may go as far as a lifetime ban?....... ESPN keeps adding to this dramatic soap opera.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the 'lifetime ban' mentioned by baseball executives so that when they do suspend guys they can say things like they are being 'lenient' - making them look more reasonable.

It's like selling something. You start high and go down so the buyer feels like they got out okay.

It also might be a simple scare tactic - making players they have to talk with think twice about lying.

But, two and two don't add up here.

How do we really know what's what? Just like with his appealed suspension, we don't know any details so how can we make definitive statements about anything?

That's the problem in this whole crazy saga. We shouldn't know anything until the decision is final. But because certain MLB folks want possible leverage, public perception, whatever the case, stuff is being leaked.

This might be the first time I've ever agreed with Scott Boras and had an inkling to like him.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/9473838/scott-boras-criticizes-leaking-names-associated-biogenesis

Ditto

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Really? This may go as far as a lifetime ban?....... ESPN keeps adding to this dramatic soap opera.

Rovell also suggested that people in places like Bangladesh didn't have to work at Nike sweatshops. They could just get a different job.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I still don't get, why this list of names is on the same paper? Why? Did all these players get the PEDs in the same hour? You're telling me, no college,high school,football, weight lifters none of those names find their way mixed in on that list? And as stated, when you willingly know you're taking a banned substance, you use your name? Especially the players with South Florida connections, like do you really believe using your name won't be recognized?

That's what I'm struggling with in this ordeal.

Where's an NBA,NFL,NHL name mixed in on this paper? If PEDs help a professional player in MLB, how does 1 single underling of a player in NHL,NBA, or NFL not take this same substance?

I can't wait until I see "Braun and A-Rod Not Going To Be Suspended; We Suck" on ESPN's Bottom Line. If MLB had enough to suspend, it would've been done by now.

Witrado said MLB is specifically waiting so they can suspend all 20+ players at the same time. So while they may or may not have evidence, it wouldn't be done by now anyways.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

OK....evidence. Is there evidence, outside of Bosch, to prove that Braun did anything? Right now, all we know is his name was on a list. And the word of Bosch is either for or against him. But, that's it. In a court of law, you have to have something more than circumstantial evidence. I realize, it's not the court of law, and the PA signed off on the deal. But, two and two don't add up here.

Correct...that's all WE know. However, WE may not know everything. MLB may have mountains of irrefutable evidence for all WE know. We may never know until someone writes a tell all book some day.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Funny how certain discussions get leaked, but nothing from this supposed mountain of evidence gets leaked at all. They'd be grasping at straws if they try to claim that Braun's name is on some shipping label from Bosch to some post office box means something, when absolutely anyone in the world can order by a fake name and address to get anything.

I can't wait until I see "Braun and A-Rod Not Going To Be Suspended; We Suck" on ESPN's Bottom Line. If MLB had enough to suspend, it would've been done by now.

Unfortunately they will title it, "Report: OTL says Braun suspension will actually be coming NEXT year. Really."

No way MLB was going to suspend the players a week or 2 before the ASG. It's the same reason teams aren't allowed to really make any announcements during the WS. MLB wants the focus to be on the event, not a bunch of other things.

New York Daily News with some details about MLB's meeting with Alex Rodriguez.

Meanwhile, an A-Rod spokesman told The News Saturday night in reference to a possible plea deal that “nobody from Alex’s team has made any such comments, and as we have said before, we are respecting the process and following the procedures as outlined in the joint agreement."

http://tinyurl.com/ob5fy5j

What I should have said this should be an interesting week for Braun. But if MLB really had something really on him they would have acted.

As I said before, it's been reported that MLB is waiting to make their cases on every player involved so they can lay down all the suspensions at once. So the fact that they haven't yet really isn't an indication of anything except that they aren't done interviewing all of the players yet and putting together their cases. They still may not have anything on Braun, but even if they didn't they'd wanna try to sully his name as much as they could before that was found out for sure.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Archived