Brewer Fanatic

Khris Davis and the potential he has...but where?

3and2Fastball
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and with that, Davis just hit another bomb vs the Cubbies.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY hope we don't trade him for a player we have on the roster for 3 months.

This kid needs to find a spot on our roster and HIT!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

He should have been groomed for 1B at the start of spring training when they knew Hart wasn't going to be around. He has hit at every level, and well. Why not have he and Morris for possibilities at 1B, and pick whichever one was having the better spring?

Instead, we are gonna roll with Gonzalez... Yuk.

I just can't believe it.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'm not quite ready to anoint him a future great quite yet. or even a future starter. Sure he has looked great this spring, but so have many other players that never turn into anything. He has had solid numbers throughout his minors career but I want to have him have another season in Nashville and if a spot opens itself up great, if not let him get constant AB's down there and figure it out next off-season if he has a great or even good year

He should have been groomed for 1B at the start of spring training when they knew Hart wasn't going to be around. He has hit at every level, and well. Why not have he and Morris for possibilities at 1B, and pick whichever one was having the better spring?

I just can't believe it.

I don't understand why they just basically said, well he was bad at 1B in instructionals so we're not even gonna bother trying him there. They should've at least tried again to work with him at 1B this spring. If he failed again, then fine. But it was worth another shot.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I just can't believe it.

I don't understand why they just basically said, well he was bad at 1B in instructionals so we're not even gonna bother trying him there. They should've at least tried again to work with him at 1B this spring. If he failed again, then fine. But it was worth another shot.

Indeed. If Davis's bat is as good at this past year - and spring training - seem to show, then I'd stick him at first, and take the bad defense. I was willing to forgive Braun's .895 fielding percentage at third due to his 1.004 OPS. If Davis puts up a .900 OPS, I can forgive a slew of errors at first.

I'm going to come out and say that right now might be max value for his career, so I think they should trade him....

Maybe an exaggeration, but he's got no place on the brewers, and he's starting to get national attention...send this guy to the Astros for bud Norris!

Archived