Brewer Fanatic

Johan Santana - Surgery Coming Again - Contract NOT Insured

splitterpfj

It was the greed of Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz that allowed that Bonilla contract to happen. Bernie Madoff is making us 14% on our investments, and he promised us 18% Why not use that Bobby Bonilla money for investment purposes. What could go wrong?

Bonilla gets 1.2 million per year until 2035

Also Bret Saberhagen gets 250k per year until 2029

What could go wrong?

It was the greed of Fred Wilpon and Saul Katz that allowed that Bonilla contract to happen. Bernie Madoff is making us 14% on our investments, and he promised us 18% Why not use that Bobby Bonilla money for investment purposes. What could go wrong?

Bonilla gets 1.2 million per year until 2035

Also Bret Saberhagen gets 250k per year until 2029

What could go wrong?

I get what you are saying here and agree for the most part. I also get the Mets thinking here.... they, like many people, were duped by Bernie Madoff. Some investments pan out and others don't, it doesn't mean that investing money over the long-term is a bad idea. The amounts are not that outrageous annually in the sense that they can sink a franchise. Seems like a calculated risk that just didn't work out but with minor overall consequences considering the payroll (and revenue) of MLB teams these days.

• 2 weeks later...

I would think this marks the end for Johan. If so, terrible ending to a remarkable pitcher.

Also, since there has been so much talk lately about the Brewers financial "problems" that are on the horizon with contracts... imagine being a NYM fan right now.

and the Mets say it appears as though his contract is not insured.

Shouldn't someone with the Mets know one way or another if his contract is insured? If it's not, everyone involved in reading and signing off on said contract should never be allowed input on any other financial decision ever again.

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Archived