Brewer Fanatic

Who's the Man? Greinke vs Cain

splitterpfj

Stick Greinke in that park and we are talking about him the same way people talk about guys like King Felix so I'll go with him. I'm not sure if Cain would still be an "ace" if he hadn't happened to get put in the perfect park for him.

Nicely done markedman! Saved me the trouble! I'm going with Cain, too. With Lincicum now either in a..."haze" for a few years now, Cain had to step up and be the ace. I would take him as an ace on just about any team. He's younger & how many World Series rings does he have to win?
"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Last 3 years

Road Stats only

2011 Greinke ERA 3.91 Whip 1.32 Cain 3.56 Whip 1.18

2012 Greinke ERA 4.70 Whip 1.29 Cain 2.97 Whip 1.11

2010 Greinke ERA 4.06 whip 1.16 Cain 3.35 whip 1.15

Eh, Cain plays in a division made for pitchers. Greinke played in a division with lots of run scoring.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Very small sample size, but when it counts the most.

Cain career Post-Season:

4-2 2.10 ERA 1.052 WHIP

Greinke career Post-Season:

1-1 6.48 ERA 1.620 WHIP

For two guys very close during the regular season, Cain steps up big time compared to Greinke in the Post-Season. I just wish we had given Greinke as many opportunities as Cain has had to try and even those numbers out a little.

Very small sample size, but when it counts the most.

Cain career Post-Season:

4-2 2.10 ERA 1.052 WHIP

Greinke career Post-Season:

1-1 6.48 ERA 1.620 WHIP

For two guys very close during the regular season, Cain steps up big time compared to Greinke in the Post-Season. I just wish we had given Greinke as many opportunities as Cain has had to try and even those numbers out a little.

You should have stopped after very small sample size. Even if it counts the most, there isn't enough data to make a valuable conclusion one way or the other.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Last 3 years

Road Stats only

Because Petco, LA and SF are the same as Hou, Chi, Cin right? If I had to pick the easiest division in baseball to pitch in I'd easily pick the NL West, it has a serious effect on how much belief I have in their pitching stats.

Last 3 years

Road Stats only

Because Petco, LA and SF are the same as Hou, Chi, Cin right? If I had to pick the easiest division in baseball to pitch in I'd easily pick the NL West, it has a serious effect on how much belief I have in their pitching stats.

Those are only 3 of the parks in the division. Coors and Chase are hitters parks.

Last 3 years

Road Stats only

Those are only 3 of the parks in the division. Coors and Chase are hitters parks.

Coors is a hitters park because of how breaking stuff flows in the park and Cain has figured out how to pitch there. The Diamondbacks have had a lot of mediocre offenses over the past 4 years. It is still the easiest division in baseball to pitch in. He still has a career 4.11 ERA in Coors though. 4.22 in PHI, 4.13 in ARI, 5.40 in HOU, 5.56 in MIL. In general he has been a 4+ ERA guy in parks that don't hold his HR in and an ace in parks that do hold them in. If the Brewers had drafted Cain he'd be a forgettable 4ish ERA guy who was underrated. Instead he is an 'ace'.

Archived