Brewer Fanatic

Furcal to have Tommy John surgery

If I'm not mistaken, I believe in 2011 they had a number of injuries to key players like Pujols, Wainwright, and Carpenter and the Brewer fan base was elated by this. We all know how that turned out. They always seem to find the Berkman and Beltran type players who come in and have all-star caliber career revivals. Maybe this time the injuries and aging will finally catch up with them....one can only hope!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

If I'm not mistaken, I believe in 2011 they had a number of injuries to key players like Pujols, Wainwright, and Carpenter and the Brewer fan base was elated by this. We all know how that turned out. They always seem to find the Berkman and Beltran type players who come in and have all-star caliber career revivals. Maybe this time the injuries and aging will finally catch up with them....one can only hope!

Always is a pretty strong word. They have missed the playoffs 3 out of the past 6 years and should have missed it that 7th year when they won the World Series after 83 wins. The Cardinals always find a competitive team but they have their ups and downs too. They have a ton of young talent coming up so I could see them take a step back for a season or two if some of these old guys finally break down, and then have another big surge of being a dominant team.

I guess it just seems like they always seem to find a way because the times they do it, despite injuries and setbacks, are so frustrating. Keep in mind, making the playoffs 3 out of 6 years is pretty good...much better than 4 out of 43 :ohwell .

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived