Brewer Fanatic

Mike Fiers is on fire

So, in the IGT, Torts posted "Mike Fiers is on fiers" which got me thinking of Alicia Keys....here's what I've got so far.

He’s Mike Fiers and he’s on fire

Right-handed pitcher, for Milwaukee Brewers

He’s not gonna beat you with fire

But he mixes up his pitches, and moves the ball around

Ohhhh oh oh oh oh

He got both feet on the mound

And he's holding it down

Ohhhh oh oh oh oh

He got his head in the game

And he's not backing down

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So, in the IGT, Torts posted "Mike Fiers is on fiers" which got me thinking of Alicia Keys....here's what I've got so far.

He’s Mike Fiers and he’s on fire

Right-handed pitcher, for Milwaukee Brewers

He’s not gonna beat you with fire

But he mixes up his pitches, and moves the ball around

Ohhhh oh oh oh oh

He got both feet on the mound

And he's holding it down

Ohhhh oh oh oh oh

He got his head in the game

And he's not backing down

I'm sorry and no offense but these types of things just make me shake my head. I realize there are good intentions but these are incredibly cheesy and usually horrible. Granted, all you've done is change some words (and they're decent) but I just picture a poorly lit, poorly sung, poorly edited music video on youtube.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

• 1 year later...
thank you for bumping this thread and its excellent posts in it vs creating a new thread.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

only 17 walks in 102+ innings. if garza goes on the disabled list, fiers would be on normal rest to take his spot.

I'm with you on that but I fear they'll just let Estrada fill in. Hopefully he'll just miss one or two starts. Cravy's been out more than a month with an oblique strain so that's not encouraging.

Yeah, the article on the Brewer site says that Estrada is the likely replacement (if needed). The article also states that he had an oblique strain at the start of last season and was out until May 21, but he feels that this one isn't as bad as that one was. Obliques are tricky injuries, so all we can do is hope for the best.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

if they intend to recall fiers and put garza on the disabled list, i hope the brewers recall irving falu until fiers is needed to pitch on 9 august. with both scooter gennett and jean segura hurting, the brewers could use another infielder/pinch runner for the coming days.

Hasn't Tyler Cravy been out now for over a month with an oblique strain? That's not good. We've seen Estrada and it wasn't pretty. I'd rather they use Fiers or shop the trade market for a rental.

No to bringing up Falu. I'd rather have Segura and Gennett just play smart, and play through it. They are needed in the lineup.

If Garza misses one start or 10, Fiers should get the nod. But he won't, because RR's Manager Rule Book says Estrada must get a chance to blow 3-4 games first (since he was in the rotation earlier this year.)

Look, Fiers at his worst is basically the same as Estrada. But when he's at his best he can really be almost dominant. In the middle of a pennant chase, I'll take the arm with the upside.

We already know what Estrada can (or can't) do this season, let Fiers see what he can give us. If he fails after a couple of starts, then maybe, MAYBE think about considering Estrada again.

I just hate the way things HAVE to be done.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Considering the schedule lines up so a DL move could mean as little as two starts with off days, I go with the DL even if Garza only needs to miss one start; give him the extra rest time and let Fiers go at Wrigley and at LA.

If it's one start it's all about what needs to be done to get the roster spot and it's a tough call on how to get it. Kintzler and Jeffress are needed in the pen, and Herrera has been playing well filling for Scooter and Segura. Don't really want any of them replaced for 10 days.

Hasn't Tyler Cravy been out now for over a month with an oblique strain? That's not good. We've seen Estrada and it wasn't pretty. I'd rather they use Fiers or shop the trade market for a rental.

No to bringing up Falu. I'd rather have Segura and Gennett just play smart, and play through it. They are needed in the lineup.

Yeah, and some guys pull their hamstrings and are out for a week. Others miss the season like Casey Heyward did last year. It goes without saying that muscle strains vary a GREAT DEAL from player to play. How long one person was out has almost no affect on how long another is out. Plus, a minor league player is going to be treated differently than a major league player.

And yes, Segura and Gennett are needed in the lineup. I didn't take his post to suggest that Falu would be taking either players starting spot. Simply that given the injuries that have hampered the two, we might need some coverage there. Especially since Gennett has been multiple injuries and looks really hobbled out there right now.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

THIS GUY IS ON FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRS

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

First player to have 14 Ks in 6 IP or less since 1969.

[sarcasm]Gotta throw 95 to be a good starting pitcher though...[/sarcasm]

Yeah, it's the Cubs, but I didn't see Shelby Miller do this to the Cubs two weeks ago. Gerrit Cole only got 10 Ks in 6 IP.

Archived