Brewer Fanatic

Chance 2 Advance Ticket Plan

Vgmastr

This is a pretty cool idea. For $99 you get tickets to 9 games. Your seats start in Bernie's Terrace, but everytime the Brewers win, your tickets are upgraded a section. If you're lucky enough and the Brewers win the first 8 games of the package, your 9th game will be in the Field Diamond Box. If I lived closer to Milwaukee, this is something I would definitely do.

Link

that is, actually, a fantastic ticket promotion. Really! I would jump on that in addition to the 20-game plan we already buy (for other people, darn them!) Gifting is so awesome

Man, what a great idea. I would think other teams will steal this idea as well. Unless the Brewers stole the idea from other teams.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I guess the trade off is that if they lose, you stay in Bernie's Terrace, which are really, really bad seats. But if they do win at least 2-3 of the 10 games, you'd wind up "winning" the deal.

1 win - Terrace Reserved

2 wins - Terrace Box

Anything after that is obviously worth more than the $10 a game you're paying.

Community Moderator

This is great marketing but I'm skeptical that it's worth it. Sort of like playing the lottery.

Realistically, the farthest you are going to get is the loge infield or club outfield. Those are good seats, but you have to sit in the terrace for a minimum of three games and realistically 4-5 games to get there. Since you can't do the upgrading more than a few weeks in advance, the seat locations may be less than ideal.

Say you were going to purchase tickets to this set of Tuesday night games through other methods. Two of the first three games you will be stuck in the terrace on a half price promotional night when you could be sitting in the loge level for < $20. For some of the other games, they will probably have those promotions for cheap loge outfield tickets if the Brewers win X number of games like they have the past few years. Tickets are always easy to come by on Tuesdays on Stubhub for well below face value.

On the other hand, you aren't really "stuck" in Bernie's terrace, it's the terrace on a weeknight so nobody cares if you move closer to the infield. There is a pretty decent shot to get a few games in the loge infield or club for $13/ticket. I'm sure that some people will take advantage of it. We will see if Bernie's terrace is crowded on that first Tuesday game...

One of our 20-packs already includes tickets to five of these games, so we would have no reason to participate; but I'll tip my cap to the Brewers for coming up with a new (at least new to the MKE market) way to fill seats. I'd imagine Tuesdays are not typically a big draw.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

This is great marketing but I'm skeptical that it's worth it. Sort of like playing the lottery.

Realistically, the farthest you are going to get is the loge infield or club outfield. Those are good seats, but you have to sit in the terrace for a minimum of three games and realistically 4-5 games to get there. Since you can't do the upgrading more than a few weeks in advance, the seat locations may be less than ideal.

Say you were going to purchase tickets to this set of Tuesday night games through other methods. Two of the first three games you will be stuck in the terrace on a half price promotional night when you could be sitting in the loge level for < $20. For some of the other games, they will probably have those promotions for cheap loge outfield tickets if the Brewers win X number of games like they have the past few years. Tickets are always easy to come by on Tuesdays on Stubhub for well below face value.

On the other hand, you aren't really "stuck" in Bernie's terrace, it's the terrace on a weeknight so nobody cares if you move closer to the infield. There is a pretty decent shot to get a few games in the loge infield or club for $13/ticket. I'm sure that some people will take advantage of it. We will see if Bernie's terrace is crowded on that first Tuesday game...

On the other hand if, at the very least, you are in the Terrace Box or Lodge Outfield Box by the time the StL game rolls around, you are sitting in $34 or $40 seats (and, depending on the status of the pennant race, there is a good chance of no discount promotion on that night).

What I never understood is the dates of their promotions, especially Bobble heads. Bobble Heads are the promotion that seems to attract the most fans. I don't get why these promotions are ALWAYS on Sundays? Seems like there would generally be a better crowds on Sundays anyways. Why mix up the days they give away bobble heads? Have some during weeknight games when you are struggling to attract fans. Mix not up the days a little? My only guess as to why they do this is that they need to place large orders for the bobble heads and they don't want to chance be stuck with a bunch of extra bobble heads....but isn't the idea of a promotion to attract fans?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not to derail the thead, but I've thought that about bobbleheads for years. Sundays is usually going to be a pretty good attendance day, whereas weeknight games, especially in April/May struggle. Why not put a desired promotion on different days of the week? It doesn't make much sense.

Not to derail the thead, but I've thought that about bobbleheads for years. Sundays is usually going to be a pretty good attendance day, whereas weeknight games, especially in April/May struggle. Why not put a desired promotion on different days of the week? It doesn't make much sense.

Weeknight promotions aren't nearly as accessible to the outstate portion of the fanbase, and the Brewers cannot afford to leave them out. That's my guess. I'd have to check my attendance spreadsheets to confirm, but anecdotally Sundays do not draw as well as Saturdays.

Anyway, yeah, Chance 2 Advance. I will be interested to see how many fans actually occupy Bernie's Terrace on the first Tuesday of that promotion.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Man, what a great idea. I would think other teams will steal this idea as well. Unless the Brewers stole the idea from other teams.

I'm guessing the Brewers stole this from a college hoops promotion. I remember seeing this on tv while watching college hoops and thinking it was a really good idea. I'm pretty sure it was a team in the Big 10 where I saw it, but I don't remember which team.

I don't think it has been mentioned already but you also pay $2 every time you want to upgrade up to the next section so you still have to pay something to move up. I also think they could have started in the Terrace reserved and provided a loge diamond box or a club infield.

Archived