Brewer Fanatic

4 Nashville Sounds Bobbles this season (2013)

TURBO

Horrible selection. A repeat, a non brewer, and 2 bible characters.

They did a paintable Ozzie last year, why do the same thing this year? I am wondering if it is the same bobble they just re-ordered, or if it is a new design?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

May 25 - Paintable Ozzie

June 30 - David (Bible)

August 2 - Goliath (Bible)

August 3 - R.A. Dickey

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Yes, I know about Dickey, he played one year in our system, 22 starts...

Had he not won the CY Young, you can bet this bobble would not be happening.

They seem to have so many better options, and they go with Dickey? I would think they would want to go with a player currently in the Brewers system or on the BIG team.

Oh well, it is what it is.

Hard to understand why teams go with their choices sometimes, like last year's Helena Gary Sheffield. Has there ever been a more hated Brewer, and they think it's a good idea to commemorate him with a bobblehead?

I don't plan on getting those or to include them or the other religious based ones in my collection. I know some of you no matter what will get these, and may also to go get the other ones now too.

I'll include them on the list if you feel it's necessary, but then I should add the other ones on there as well. However, I was continually ridiculed until I included Lou Gherig though that bobble doesn't have much to do with anything Stars/Brewers, so I think I'll put em up there. There's 5 other ones I given out from 05-08. I'll add them at some point today.

As far as Sheffield goes, how many players that made it to the Brewers play for Helena and didn't just skip over it and go straight to A ball? Don't forget, Sheffield got a Ports bobble too. Something tells me that people in Helena don't know/care that Shef was a prick in Milwaukee (and the other 7 cities he played in), they just know he hit 500 homeruns and got a few rings on the way.

I like the Dickey selection, why not showcase a Cy Young Winner? I don't think Sounds fans really pay a ton of attention to the Brewers (just like I don't pay a ton of attention to the Predators, though the Ads are here).

I don't think those Nashville Sounds bible character bobbles should be included on the list because they were not given out as an SGA to the fans, but at a pre-game ceremony. (according to another board member) If they were not truly SGAs, then they probably shouldn't be on the list. Depending on how the new ones are distributed, they might fall into that same category. We'll have to wait and see what happens. In the end, it is your list and you can handle it any way you see fit, but I don't think you should be offended when other board members disagree with what you choose to include or not include. In the end, the collectors can make the final decisions on which ones to add to their collections.

I didn't ridicule you about the Gehrig (I hope that wasn't directed at me), I felt it should be on the list, but I don't remember any harsh words between us.

I don't know how many good players have gone through Helena over the years, but I know that Sheffield is hated by Brewers fans, and Helena is part of the Brewers organization. All I am saying is that you'd think Helena would have had a lot more options to choose from other than Sheffield.

The bible ones have nothing to do with baseball....I think that's the most important thing to remember here....at least the sterban was in a jersey holding a ball...these will have zero to do with baseball and are only given out for the faith nights...entirely irrelevant to the list...

Archived