Brewer Fanatic

4 Timber Rattlers bobbles this season (2013)

TURBO

April 8th - Matt Erickson holding the Championship trophy

July 1st - Jonathan Lucroy

August 5th - Mystery Bobblehead

August 29th - Fan's Choice

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I would like some help with the Lucroy as well. I can help with just about any bobble from this year and some from last year as well. I also have a few extra autographs that I MIGHT be able to trade if you are looking for a certain player.

Moose

"Every day is a new opportunity. You can build on yesterday's success or put its failures behind and start over again. That's the way life is, with a new game every day, and that's the way baseball is." - Bob Feller

Follow me @BrewerMoose

That Lucroy is going to be a HOT one... With only 1000 of them, it could get a little pricey right out of the gate.

That Lucroy is going to be a HOT one... With only 1000 of them, it could get a little pricey right out of the gate.

Just like the Streban or Ozzie last year? Give it till the off season. ;)

No smart-alec, since the Lucroy is tied to the Brewers directly, and there will be only 1000 of them, it will be a tough one to come by.

I think this one will remain a tough one though for the reasons I just stated.

Are you saying it won't be pricey, or hard to get????

Got burned by that stupid Sterban and Ozzie last year, won't happen again.

I don't even understand how you can even remotely compare the lucroy to Ozzie and sterban??!! What a horrible comparison!... Lucroy is an active player that's a fan favorite....and those two fit into that conversation how??... This will be a popular and highly demanded bobble...

Lucroy won't be hot or rare IMO. 1,000 in a bobble-rich region doesn't make it rare, and the prices will reflect that. Unless its a team USA bobble (which I doubt.). Like their "rehab" series a few years ago in which they only had 96 of each yet still had a hard time selling. Last years opening day series might spark more interest in this one, however, the nightmare of the re-release of these for holiday 4-packs killed interest in the off season (to some extent with the parade of "alternates" that collectors tried to make more collectible for their benefit when these were really just manufacture mistakes, leaving off plaques, stickers, etc.)

Will it be popular? Yes.

Will it be rare? No

Only 500 of these made.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-BELOIT-SNAPPERS-PRINCE-FIELDER-BOBBLEHEAD-/111008430704?pt=US_Autographs&hash=item19d89e3a70

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Prince-Fielder-Beloit-Snappers-Bobble-Arms-Brewers-Detroit-Tigers-Head-/221180677510?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item337f654d86

If this bobble was given away in Nashville or Huntsville it would be more. But, given away in Wisconsin it will be available.

It will start out at a $40 bobblehead and will drop down to $25 or so within a month.

Prince was not a Brewer when that one came out, diminishes the value, and collectability when the player is no longer on the team when it is given out.

That Lucroy is going to be a HOT one with only 1000 of them, and an obvious tie to the Brewers that even the casual collector will want.

You won't be getting the Lucroy for $10 plus shipping a year later. With the amount of collectors out there now, you may find a deal down the road if you are patient, but when this is released, it will be VERY popular. That stadium is going to be an absolute madhouse that night. I would bet you'll have to get there by 4:00 and stand in line if you are to have any chance of getting it.

You guys could be right, and I admit I was wrong about the Nashville bobbles lat year (although the Hart is still a tough one to get) but this is completely different than a Richard Sterban or Ozzie. Lucroy is a popular player that people love! His career is on the rise, and he played in Appleton last year. People are going to want a piece of that memory, and this is the perfect way to get it.

Silly argument actually, but if you snooze on this one, the chance of paying a high price later, or not having one available for a while is a real possibility. Will the price drop in a year? I guess those who wait will find out.

The rehab series were not SGA bobbles. The number of collectors who stick with SGAs far outweighs retail collectors. They were loosely a promotion, but when they found not many people wanted them, they threw the extras in the team store.

Try finding a Lorenzo Cain or Taylor Green right now if you think they are easy to get. Suppan is the only one that pops up on ebay occasionally. Who really wants to be reminded of Suppan anyway? lol The Bush is also a tough find for anyone collecting the set.

Yup, I completely agree they handled the re-release of the opening day bobbles for their holiday promotion horribly! That should have never happened, and I think they may be aware of that since I know a lot of people complained to them. How can you say there are only 250 of something, then a year later, release the same damn thing minus the advertising to anyone who wanted one (talking about the papermakers version obviously). That angered a lot of people, especially the ones dropping $200 on a Papermakers since they were supposedly so rare. In the end, it felt like false advertising, and a lot of people felt screwed over, as they should.

I hope they learned a lesson from that one, at least they aren't doing multiples on opening day with one rare one. That is a relief to collectors, all though I think some love the chase. I just hate all the under handedness that comes with a promotion like that. Same thing with the stupid alternates the Brewers do. Just offer one version of each bobble and be done with it.

I think you'll find a flood of the Lucroys on eBay come the day after. The problem is the market is saturated in Wisconsin given all the bobbles the Brewers give out. There are many collectors out there, and this has driven the price of all bobbles down. Regular Brewers bobbles are a dime a dozen, and the days of $50-$100 for alternates are long gone, save for the rare very popular alternates like the T Plush, which was a true alternate with a different pose and all. I remember "back in the day" when I'd scurry around Miller Park trying to trade a regular for an alternate (since most people didn't care, but the ones who did knew they could "get $100 on eBay" like I was often told by people.). Now you wait a month and prices drop so fast, and collectors are getting wise to waiting if they don't get an alternate at the game, as I do. And I love that there are more collectors as more people who don't care about their free SGA are aware of the popularity bringing more to the market for sale, driving down prices. Now, with the Lucroy, I'd classify it as popular, but not necessarily hot (like the T Plush as a referenced earlier.). And given what happened last year with the opening day popularity you'll bet there'll be tons of people getting alternates to sell on eBay, thus driving down the price. I know I'll be there collecting extras for the $5 price tag it takes to get in if I can make the game. It's a great low key environment for a family to enjoy a ball game in a quiet city with friendly people...getting a bobble (especially one from AGP) is just icing on the cake!

• 4 weeks later...

I think I may have solved the Timber Rattlers "mystery bobble" for this year... Found this little nugget on their website, so my guess is the mystery bobble is going to be the new 2nd mascot, WHIFFER! Possibly a double bobble with both Fang and Whiffer?????

Second mascot added

Fang, the team’s long-time mascot, will have some company this summer. The Timber Rattlers will introduce a second mascot named Whiffer.

Almost positive WHIFFER will also be the MYSTERY bobblehead this year since I heard through the grapevine the mystery bobble would not be a player.

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/c67.0.403.403/p403x403/40831_559598224080773_1136414629_n.jpg

I am so impressed by this Erickson bobble. The T-Rtas sure put out quality bobbles.

It is painted very well and just so solid. Great bobble for the collection!!!

As a whole, I feel that it was a well-done bobble. I thought that it was a really cool idea to include a replica trophy, but I was disappointed in the quality of them. In the half-dozen or so Erickson bobbles I picked up, a couple of the trophies were broken at the legs/ankles, and all of them were at least a little loose. I understand that it was probably tough to produce a piece like that, but having something mere millimeters in thickness is asking for trouble. I think if I could redesign it, I'd have the Pepsi plaque on the back of the bobble and a larger replica trophy on the front of the bobble, perhaps on a slightly larger base to increase the overall size of the trophy. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Archived