Brewer Fanatic

Braun, Cano, ARod, Granderson rumored to have failed PED test

Ennder

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my "Braun as whipping boy" prediction looks better by the day.

seriously, this is terrible news, if true. Since this guy has been right before, he has to have some credibility which means bad things for the Crew.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Insert gif of toaster on the edge of the bathtub here.

Would the Brewers outfield be Shafer, Gomez, and Aoki? Nice defense, but yikes...

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Community Moderator
Difficult to know what to believe anymore. Seems like a big story for a guy with less than 100 Twitter followers to break, but I guess that is the risk of relying on Twitter as a primary news source.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

So the only suspension that was leaked in advance was Braun's. Except he didn't get suspended and one of his own "consultants" was to blame. Maybe there were some rumors at the time Melky was suspended because he tried to create a defense, but rarely do we know in advance about a suspension until it happened. I don't recall a time where we knew in advance. Seems odd that we start having all these leaks....

So the only suspension that was leaked in advance was Braun's. Except he didn't get suspended and one of his own "consultants" was to blame. Maybe there were some rumors at the time Melky was suspended because he tried to create a defense, but rarely do we know in advance about a suspension until it happened. I don't recall a time where we knew in advance. Seems odd that we start having all these leaks....

This dude tweeted the suspension for Melky a month before it happened and everyone ignored him like they should have. Obviously doesn't mean he is correct here but he did do it, you can look back in his tweet history and find it.

Things are Bleak here as a brewer fan and Braun supporter. If through it horrible news for his fans and teamates. the one good thing is that there are 3 yankees on the list.it might be time to put my Braun jersey away.

Ok, I'm sorry Brewmann04, but I'm going to use your post as my starting off point of my rant. I'm done with all the wooesme fans here in Wisconsin, and around baseball for all that matters. We pay our hard earned money to watch sports. Sports is entertainment. These are professional athletes who are getting paid considerable amounts of money because we as fans want to watch them play a sport and entertain us. You want to put your Braun jersey away because he may or may not have used PEDS? What's the big deal? He's an entertainer. He's not a role model, yet the baseball Gods...AKA, the Baseball Writers of America, want to make them out to be.

Times have changes people. Our society is completely different than it was back in the '40's and '50's when times were more innocent and baseball had players revered as like Gods/Heros. The truth of the matter is that if there was the same level of media pressence back then as we have now, players like Ruth, DiMaggio etc etc would NEVER be looked on as they are now. Throughout all sports and especially baseball...players, coaches, teams, and even organziations look for ways to beat their opponents by any means necessary. Whether it be corking the bat, pine tar, spitting on the ball, greasing the ball, adjusting the field to make your team have the advantage, stealing signs etc etc etc etc.... they are all cheaters and all ways of "enhancing" their teams chances of winning, or "ehancing" their own individual opportunities to get more victories and $$$.

Well...now we have steriods. Not my favorite, nor something that I even applaud, by hey...it's here and we have to deal with it. MLB definitely knew about it and the BWA knew about it...Selig knew about it...everyone knew about it, yet did anyone try to stop it? Heck no! Steriod use, PED use is just a way that our society has evolved.

As an example, I pay my hard earned money to watch Brad Pitt kick Edward Norton's ass in Fight Club, or to watch a romantic chick flick with my wife. Now do I want to "time to put my fight club movies away" when I find out that Brad Pitt enhanced his body by taking PEDS to get a specific body type for the movie, or when an actress has a boob job to enhance her opportunity to become a millionare actress? Again, Heck No!

Let's talk a little bit more close to the topic here. What about Football? The "New" America's past-time and leader in sports. Steriods are rampent in the NFL and do we say anything about them? Nope. Kids doing steriods in high school and college football just to get higher draft stock and a chance to play in the NFL. These are warriors who take PEDs and steriods like it's their business...and it is their business actually. Do we judge them? Nope. They are just doing the same thing that baseball players are doing. Just trying to put themselves in the position to make enough of the "Entertainment" piece of the pie as possible. Just like the actresses/actors who do it. THey are entertainment. Braun is Entertainment, and thankfully for Milwaukee, he's our entertainment.

I for one am sick and tired of all the judgers out there/here that are placing so much importance on PEDs. The only thing I'm worried about is Braun missing time due to this. If he does, I for one will be rooting big time for him on his return. Way to go Braunny! Thanks for getting us into the Wild Card and getting us the NL Division in '11. Regardless of whether he was using, I say Thank You once again to him. Thank you for giving me the memories of having a NL Division...something I had never had in the past. I think it's time for all of us to just chill out on the whole Judging Bruan thing and just become fans of entertainment again.

Our society is completely different than it was back in the '40's and '50's when times were more innocent and baseball had players revered as like Gods/Heroes.

I won't disagree with your rant but it really is misplaced. The entire game was built around gambling and players and teams throwing games to make people money. At no point has MLB been about honest players. While I'm not all on board with steroid use it isn't some big black eye on the sport because the sport has always been about cheating to get ahead. It isn't unique in this, NFL steroid use is out of control as an example. NBA refs are payed off on a regular basis and the players themselves don't' really care about what happens on a game to game basis. An overwhelming number of soccer games have been shown to be rigged etc.

Archived