Brewer Fanatic

2013 Brewers Whipping Boy...

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

danzig6767,

Not all relief pitchers throw 95+ mph fastball with a 4 seamer. Figaro throws a 2 seamer with downward action once it get's to home plate. Henderson throws a fastball with movement for strikes all the time at will. He should clearly be the closer for that reason. Axfords problem isn't just location, it's also because of pitch selection with 2 strikes.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• 2 weeks later...
Weeks has obviously taken the early lead here. He has been awful offensively and bad defensively. Plus he has that really silly looking hair.

Made a few changes to your post.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I hate the way Weeks is playing right now, but not as much as Gonzalez. I can see why Weeks keeps being trotted out there, why Gonzalez though?? His .140 average in the 6 hole is really helping the offense. Prince can't play 3b? Or put Yuni at 3b and Maldonado at first?

• 4 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Still Weeks.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

• 3 weeks later...
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Everyone in the lineup after cleanup.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

For me Weeks has gotten deeper under my skin than anyone else. He seems to come up in critical situations game after game, and we all know how he's doing. I think until he gets out of his slump. Which he will. They should play Bianchi. But even if he does start hitting I think a lot of fingers are going to be pointed his way. Unfortunately though, I think you could also make a case for Fiers, Gonzalez, and Peralta.

For me it's the guy that is playing 1st base because he is grossly unqualified for his position.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

There are so many great and right answers here already but I was just looking at some stats and noticed Alex Gonzalez has a 13 wRC+. THIRTEEN.

Yes, It is long past due for him to retire. Much less continue getting Plate Appearances for Milw. We are talking 3 total games his season numbers sat with an OPS in the .500s. It's at .433 on the season currently. .433 On Base PLUS Slugging!

Joey Votto,Miguel Cabrera, Shin-Soo Choo, And Chris Davis all have higher On Base% ALONE! Currently.

It's embarrassing to see him still on the roster. What in God's Name can he even provide to the team anymore? What is his upside down the road to save him?

I don't know if he's the whipping boy persay, but I'm pretty annoyed by the whole Corey Hart situation.

When he first got hurt, it was more or less said that he'd be back in mid-late April, then it was early May. Then he was mysteriously put on the 60 day DL, mainly because we needed the roster spot and that he would absolutely be back when he was eligible to return on June 1...now here we sit on June 3, and he doesn't appear to be even remotely close to coming back, it sounds like he's 2-3 weeks away from a rehab assignment, so he might be back by July.

I won't fault him from getting hurt but the situation is ridiculously frustrating - one, we have scrubs playing 1b in his absence that are killing us. Two, we could really use him, and three, since we're so far out of it, we need him to come back and do something to get any trade value at all.

There are so many great and right answers here already but I was just looking at some stats and noticed Alex Gonzalez has a 13 wRC+. THIRTEEN.

Yes, It is long past due for him to retire. Much less continue getting Plate Appearances for Milw. We are talking 3 total games his season numbers sat with an OPS in the .500s. It's at .433 on the season currently. .433 On Base PLUS Slugging!

Joey Votto,Miguel Cabrera, Shin-Soo Choo, And Chris Davis all have higher On Base% ALONE! Currently.

It's embarrassing to see him still on the roster. What in God's Name can he even provide to the team anymore? What is his upside down the road to save him?

RRR loves him, and he is a gritty vet, who doesn't hustle, doesn't seem to care, and hasn't even played good defense, which was the only reason to have him on the roster to begin with.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Mike fiers is terrible..

That is all

Yea, i feared that he wasn't as good as he pitched last year, but i didn't expect him to be this atrocious either. Command pitchers who lose command get shelled in the big leagues.

Well, moments after my post....Alex Gonzalez was Released.

Now, I move my next Whipping boy Selection to Yovani Gallardo.

You were meant to be our Ace bud. You've pitched in the 7th inning twice this season! 5 Quality Starts in 12 Starts. You had 25 in 33Starts last season. Do the math, you're next non-QS this season matches your total of non-Quality Starts for all of last Season!

You drove with a .22BAC

Clearly, your head isn't focused right for Baseball these days. What Gives?

Archived