Brewer Fanatic

2013 Brewers Whipping Boy...

razzzorsharp
  • Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will reserve judgement, as the whipping boy is generally a bench player (Kotsay, Izturis, Nieves, Gerut, Mench). Definitely Crosby if he somehow makes the roster. I'm guessing it will most likely be a player yet to be acquired, with Alex Gonzalez having an outside shot - simply because he's being forced into duty at 1B.

Guess I was right. Good lord.

I officially nominate Kyle Lohse.

Seconded

I call for a unanimous proclamation. We've finally got a guy we all can agree on.

RECALL VOTE! RECALL VOTE!!!!!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

It will be Yuni.

If he starts taking significant playing time from Segura, then there would be good reason for this. If he's a bat off the bench who gets a start every now and then, I'm not going to get too upset with him. It's not his fault Melvin & co decided to sign him rather than letting Halton or Morris play 1B.

Note: It won't be Yuni's fault if Roenicke benches Segura in favor of Yuni, but both Yuni and Roenicke will be the fans' "whipping boy" in that scenario.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

If we have to go with a lineup of:

Aoki, Segura, Weeks, Gonzalez, Lucroy, Gomez, Davis, Betancourt, pitcher

for any extended period, the name "Brewers" will be a whipping boy pretty soon. I'm waiting to hear the status of Braun and Ramirez, but injuries could kill us.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I was told that the Brewers tried moving Khris Davis to first, but that didn't work out. Then they put Yuniesky Betancourt there without any real experience, and he shows not only a lack of range, but an amazing amount of either laziness or lack of baseball instincts yesterday.

The coaches and/or management who thought that Betancourt was clearly a better option at first base than Davis deserve to be on this list.

The coaches and/or management who thought that Betancourt was clearly a better option at first base than Davis deserve to be on this list.

I really don't have a problem with Davis not being at 1B. Some people just shouldn't play on the infield. We know this from watching Braun.

So let me get this straight, we gave up our first round pick to minimally improve the team but planned out everything else so poorly we are now stuck with Yuni at 1B. Melvin is the clear leader for whipping boy. Of course DPR has to shoulder some of the blame. Maldonado is an option to play 1B. Not a good option but miles better than Yuni.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I can understand if Khris Davis wasn't good for first base. What I don't understand is how the coaching staff thought Yuni would play acceptable defense there. Like Davis, he had never started a game at first base before this year. However, they wouldn't take 2 months to train Davis at first base but they figured a week transition was enough to make Yuni an acceptable second option at first base to start this year.

Our 1B situation is baffling.

A MLB team, beginning the season without a single 1B on the roster is just so insanely stupid, it is hard to fathom.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I really don't have a problem with Davis not being at 1B. Some people just shouldn't play on the infield. We know this from watching Braun.

So let me get this straight, we gave up our first round pick to minimally improve the team but planned out everything else so poorly we are now stuck with Yuni at 1B. Melvin is the clear leader for whipping boy. Of course DPR has to shoulder some of the blame. Maldonado is an option to play 1B. Not a good option but miles better than Yuni.

I typically agree with all your posts, but Maldanado being miles better than Yuni as a 1B? Can't get on board with that, they're both terrible options. Neither one can hit, nor are good defensively at the position.

Archived