Brewer Fanatic

2013 Brewers Whipping Boy...

razzzorsharp
All Davis has played in the minors is LF. If he can hit, and deserves a spot at MLB, he needs to find another position anyway.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All Davis has played in the minors is LF. If he can hit, and deserves a spot at MLB, he needs to find another position anyway.

From bbref.com:

CF (2 seasons) CF 61 games

RF (3 seasons) RF 280 games

LF (1 season) LF 2 games

From bbref.com:

CF (2 seasons) CF 61 games

RF (3 seasons) RF 280 games

LF (1 season) LF 2 games

Khris Davis has played 267 games in LF and 2 games in RF. He has a four-year career minor league OPS of .914, ending last year in Nashville.

Kentrail Davis has played the positions you listed. He has a three-year minor leauge OPS of .760, ending last year in Huntsville.

Khris is the one who might currently be considered for a MLB gig, and if he wants a bigger role, he probably won't find it as a Brewer LF. He apparently doesn't have a very strong arm, which is why some are calling for him to eventually end up at first base.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

"Big League" Donnie Murphy made my potential list last Friday when I was at the Brewers-Rockies game.

After striking out against the Rockies to end the inning, he removed his batting gloves, helmet and left his bat all strewn about for the bat boy to go retrieve the pieces. Then when Segura brought him his glove and sunglasses, didn't even acknowledge him. While I understand this is the norm during the regular season and this guy is trying to make the team, both me and my dad were surprised by his body language which screamed entitlement.

Maybe just a bad day, but no one else on the Brewers that day seemed so unlikeable.

I actually think Axford gets a longer leash since he had his struggles last year and found a way to bounce back from it. As a manager I'd have more trust in a guy who has done that before than one struggling for the first time.

I actually think Axford gets a longer leash since he had his struggles last year and found a way to bounce back from it. As a manager I'd have more trust in a guy who has done that before than one struggling for the first time.

I think Axford will get a longer leash from the management than he will from the fans, which makes him a decent guess for 2013 Whipping Boy. I just hope his actual performance doesn't merit the disdain.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I said THIS a few weeks ago:

"While we still have Aramis, a so-far unsuspended Braun and a healthy Lucroy, our pitching could have been taken care of a LOT better. And by "better" I DON'T mean another suspiciously-good-only-as-a-Cardinal, like Kyle Lohse! Migod, if we give that Suppan/Looper clone more than $3 million, then Melvin should be demoted to race in the Italian Sausage costume."

It still stands.

OK, I'm grateful that Mark was willing to eventually invest in his ballclub, but if Doug would have been allowed to pull some kind of trigger, much earlier, he could have maybe brought in someone who was actually worth 8 figures per season.

I'm just so terrified that Lohse = Looper = Suppan... a career hack who was only good when he was in St. Louis, and then Doug foolishly buys into the hype, and overpays for another Cardinal stiff.

Fiers has imploded as I feared, and Rogers was never going to amount to anything.

So that leaves Lohse as the de facto Whipping Boy

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I work with a guy who is a Cardinals and Bears fan. I always give him the business during football season, and he still laughs about the Brewers signings of both Suppan and Looper, and how their careers as Brewers went. Somehow, I think it's going to be a long summer working with him.

Lohse has my vote.

Lohse will absolutely be the whipping boy if he posts higher than a 3.80 ERA. It will rain boos in Miller Park the likes of which we haven't heard since Gagne was up on the mound blowing saves.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I expect to find a lot of disappointed Brewer fans when Lohse ends up being the 2nd best pitcher on the team. A lot of gross ignorance going on here.

I'm sort of indifferent to the trade - loathe giving up the pick, but Lohse makes this year's team better. I'm just predicting who I think the crowds will jump on.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I expect to find a lot of disappointed Brewer fans when Lohse ends up being the 2nd best pitcher on the team. A lot of gross ignorance going on here.

The same can be said about the people overly optimistic about the signing of a pitcher that has a career 4.45 ERA and saying he is the second best pitcher on the team. If he is the second best pitcher this is not a good team.

"A lot of gross ignorance?"

Wow even for you professor Ennder, that was condescending! It's amazing that once people like me decried the Lohse signing that that was when you joined the Kyle Lohse bandwagon. Bringing in outside free-agents for eight figures a year while sacrificing a draft pick in the process was normally something you would be dead set against. This Scott Boras nobody is our second best pitcher now? Please enlighten us how a career hack is not equal to Looper and Suppan. He's old, overpriced, did nothing outside of St. Louis, and as far as we've read, Doug was probably bidding against himself

Lord knows I favor free agents with a proven track record over prospects, but this guy doesn't have any proven track record outside of the Cardinals. So now you're "pro-free agents"? Since when?

"Gross ignorance." Comic Book Guy couldn't have said it better!

"So if this fruit's a Brewer's fan, his ass gotta be from Wisconsin...(or Chicago)."

What do Jeff Suppan, Braden Looper and Kyle Lohse all have in common other than who they have played for?

They all had their best seasons when Yadier Molina was their primary catcher. Forget Dave Duncan, Tony LaRussa, Busch Stadium, the uniforms, etc. I watched Burgos in the WBC, and after seeing him pitch to Molina, I'm convinced he'd be a 15 game winner on the Brewers right now with Yadier catching him. The guy (Molina) just knows how to handle a pitching staff and the guys throwing to him exude confidence. All due respect to Lucroy who's a fine player, but he's not in that class defensively.

I'm going to nominate another name on the whipping boy list: Alex Gonzalez. He was a popular guy last year more so for the guy he was replacing and his plus defense at SS than his bat though. His offensive deficiencies though will not play well as a middle of the lineup hitter playing out of position at 1B. Of course it's Roenicke's "brilliant" idea to play him there and the venom will be directed to Gonzalez as a message to the manager more than personal toward Alex.

Archived