Brewer Fanatic

30 clubs in 30 days

brewtown82

So the brewers version aired tonight, but unlike past years, the show never showed up in the directv guide. Does anyone know the broadcast schedule? Even MLB doesn't post the air times.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?topic_id=41345972

It isn't its own show anymore, it is part of MLB tonight. They interviewed RR on Hot Stove today and Melvin on Clubhouse Confidential so it was sort of Brewer day.

You probably didn't miss much considering what morons some of these guys are. Harold Reynolds just said Cliff Lee isn't an ace because he only won 6 games last year. He didn't do his job which is to win... even though he pitched deep into games and had a 3.16 ERA. Just so dumb.

Now Reynolds just talked about how Braun slipped when he lost the protection of Fielder... oh yeah, nice job there Harold.

And he just said he doesn't like Votto's .430 OBP since he doesn't want his #4 guy walking.

Get this guy off the program~.

It was pointless. Mitch Williams' big thought about replacing Hart/Gamel was "the Brewers just need somebody who can catch the ball. They don't need to hit. Just catch the ball." So I guess he agrees with Roenicke. Not even getting into whether or not it's a good idea, there really wasn't even any analysis given for his statement.

I know defense can be important and they have a pretty good offense everywhere else but I don't think having converted SS playing 1B is the best idea. Sea Bass and Crosby might be fine backups at SS but they should not be starting 1B.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I thought it was their best analysis on the Brewers that they have ever done. Whether you think that's saying much us completely up to you. The reason why they did a good job is because they really didn't make a prediction that they were comfortable with. They said 3 place behind the Reds and Cards, but they said they just don't know that much about the starting rotation to predict. They were high on the offense as they should be and said that it has the potential to be even better than last season. They mentioned the additions of Bradenhop and Gorzelanny, but failed to mention Mike Gonzalez for some reason? They thought Axford would bounce back to 2011 form and said that would be huge, because they blew 29 games last season. They mentioned Peralta, Rogers, Fiers, Estrada (good stretches and bad streches (inconsitancy's)), and Narveson and them really counting on him because he's the only lefty in the rotation.

Basically starting pitching = ?, which means prediction = N/A. They have no clue.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

Mitch Williams is the only reason Harold Reynolds isn't the biggest knucklehead on the MLB Network (& that's saying something).

Cowboy Kevin Millar says heeeeerrrrooowww, and for cripes sake they par Eric Byrnes money...to "talk"....or whatever it is that he's doing.

Oh lord, yeah. "Got 'eeem" makes me want to do violent things.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The instructional with Lucroy was especially good. He talked about taking pride in his receiving ability and how he sets a low target so he can go up to get low pitches which results in more borderline strike calls, as opposed to catchers who set a higher target and have to therefore go down to get low pitches giving the umpire the impression the pitch was down out of the zone.

Mitch Williams is the only reason Harold Reynolds isn't the biggest knucklehead on the MLB Network (& that's saying something).

I'm not quoting directly, but Williams said something to the effect that not having the Astros in their division could cost them 6-7 wins relative to last year...then the announcer mentioned they went 9-8 vs. the Astros last year. Classic.

I'm not quoting directly, but Williams said something to the effect that not having the Astros in their division could cost them 6-7 wins relative to last year...then the announcer mentioned they went 9-8 vs. the Astros last year. Classic.

To be fair though, I never would have guessed the Brewers were 1 game over .500 against Houston. But yes, Mitch Williams and Harold Reynolds are the two biggest idiot baseball commentators on TV. I suppose they are there to provide a counter point to everyone else's well thought out and insightful comments.

I would have thought they were better than that as well, but it's just the sheer lack of thought from Williams that drives me nuts. If the Astros won 60 games and were replaced by a .500 team on average...over 17 games isn't that a 2 win difference? Maybe 3? How do you get 6-7? That would be like replacing the 1962 Mets with the 1927 Yankees in the division.

Listening to Williams' analysis is like some drunk guy at the bar who spouts stuff out of his posterior and all you can do is think of how do I get away from this dude.

Listening to Williams' analysis is like some drunk guy at the bar who spouts stuff out of his posterior and all you can do is think of how do I get away from this dude.

I only wish you'd tell us how you really feel about Mitch Williams. ;) To me he will always be this guy:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_OvmuvHN8HnM/S5BtFQXwcjI/AAAAAAAAB60/_E9UfRwoSVc/s400/Mitch+Williams.jpg

Don't think, meat, just throw.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived