Brewer Fanatic

Wily Peralta

MVP2110
Gallardo throws low 90s(91-92), Peralta mid 90's(95ish), estrada low 90's but more like 90-91.

Ok, so that was my friend's argument for Estrada being able to be almost as good of a starter as Yo. That he's not a soft tosser. Like I said, I know Yo can crank up the extra but on average they aren't too far off. I'm still very cautious about saying he can be a two, but it was a compelling argument.

I don't know how much this will play into the decision, but MLBtraderumors reported that the Brewers will retain Peralta through 2019 if he stays in the minors until late May. I think it may be worth it to start the season with Gallardo, Estrada, Fiers, Narveson, Rogers in the MLB rotation with Peralta in AAA for two months if it means we get an extra year out of him during his prime. He'd have to stay in the minors until mid-July in order for him not to be a "Super two" after 2015.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I don't know how much this will play into the decision, but MLBtraderumors reported that the Brewers will retain Peralta through 2019 if he stays in the minors until late May. I think it may be worth it to start the season with Gallardo, Estrada, Fiers, Narveson, Rogers in the MLB rotation with Peralta in AAA for two months if it means we get an extra year out of him during his prime. He'd have to stay in the minors until mid-July in order for him not to be a "Super two" after 2015.

That is really interesting. I didn't know that. If, and a big if, they sign Lohse, than I believe I'd go ahead and start Peralta in the minors, but if they don't I might be tempted to bring him up right away. Guess you could just let spring sort it out to.

Archived