Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day

DocLuna7

This might already be being discussed, but I am wondering if anyone knows any bars that are offering ticket packages for Opening Day this year. I am not a season ticket holder and didn't win the lottery, so am hoping that there is another option besides StubHub.

Any ideas?

I believe Miller Park doesn't do group rates on Opening Day anymore, so you'll be hard pressed to find any bar that does a package. With all the 10 packs, 20 packs, and season ticket holders out there that get Opening Day included with their packs, there isn't much room left for group deals.

A lot of bars will do an outing the day after or the first weekend following Opening Day. Stubhub or eBay might be your best bet. You can also talk to friends that have ticket packages, I've noticed that as ticket holders get older, they aren't as interested in Opening Day as in the past because it's too much about the party, and not about the game for most so they are likely to sell them (for more than face value, but not as much as eBay or Stubhub would charge ya)

Hope that helped. Good luck!

Thanks guys. As I get older I am starting to feel the same way about going. My wife however has never been, so she is really wanting to experience everything Opening Day related firsthand. I will see what I can find and appreciate the advice.

I really want/need to go to opening day this year, but wow, the aftermarket prices are expensive right now. Guess I'll have to suck it up and pay though.

They tend to drop a ton the week before the game. Just an FYI.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Ya I was going to say hold out until closer to the day. I've never done this at Miller Park, but I'd imagine that you could scoop up some tickets right before the game if you just go there (from people who have extras).

The question is getting into the parking lot though, since I think you need tickets to get a parking pass. I could be wrong.

But yeah, I'll probably wait until closer to Opening Day to actually buy tickets. The price people are asking right now for even Terrace Reserved are ridiculous.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

The after market prices are $20-$40 higher than they were last season. I too am hoping for a drop in price closer to game day. But what if that doesn't happen ? Can I handle not making it for the first tine since '97? I wish the Brewers would just jack opening day tickets up to these crazy prices. I'd much rather give the money to the Crew as opposed to some slimy scalper.

Ya I was going to say hold out until closer to the day. I've never done this at Miller Park, but I'd imagine that you could scoop up some tickets right before the game if you just go there (from people who have extras).

The question is getting into the parking lot though, since I think you need tickets to get a parking pass. I could be wrong.

But yeah, I'll probably wait until closer to Opening Day to actually buy tickets. The price people are asking right now for even Terrace Reserved are ridiculous.

Good question on the parking. IIRC they have some policy in place about this, but I will call the Brewers today and find out. The other option would be to get to the area early and park on Bluemound before taking the shuttle in.

I wish the Brewers would just jack opening day tickets up to these crazy prices. I'd much rather give the money to the Crew as opposed to some slimy scalper.

But then they would just jack the prices up even more. The whole point of scalping is usually to make more money than what you paid for.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

I wish the Brewers would just jack opening day tickets up to these crazy prices. I'd much rather give the money to the Crew as opposed to some slimy scalper.

But then they would just jack the prices up even more. The whole point of scalping is usually to make more money than what you paid for.

Disagree, the aftermarket price is what it is. The Packers have learned this and have increased the prices a decent amount the last few years to get closer to the aftermarket price. The Packers aftermarket price though is stable or even down. Brewers could do the same for opening day.

Honestly, I don't see why anyone wouldn't just buy a 10 pack. Everyone knows the price for Opening Day is expensive just for one game. If Opening Day is gonna be around 100 to get in, why not spend 80 more to get 10 more games? Or go to Opening Day and sell off your other tickets?

I started doing this when the Arctic Tailgate became too much of a hassle to attend and I haven't regretted it for a second. Also, you won't be in the same predicament if/when the Brewers make the playoffs. You'll get a shot for at least one NLDS and NLCS game (No World Series games for 10 game packs though)

It looks like this year may be the first year i *may* miss Opening Day since 2006. Opening Day falls the day after Easter this year and airfare to both Milwaukee and Minneapolis (close to parents and free car to use) is well north of the $400 dollar range. So unless prices drop dramatically I may be unloading my Opening Day tickets. Like others have stated, the older one gets its not as fun as it used to be. I spent many an Opening Day pretty intoxicated in the past, but now with a 2 year old those days are pretty much over. I'd much rather take him to a weeknight or summer weekend game and actually enjoy the game with him.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived