Brewer Fanatic

Down goes Gamel [Knee reinjured, out for 2013 season]

pogokat

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If Gamel's problems linger, I would look for them to make a minor deal late in spring. There are always guys available as teams trim their rosters. Think guys on the level of Ishikawa (heck maybe even him) or a Dan Johnson (Yankees NRI).

Ishikawa did pretty well last year, and I'd definitely take him back as a short term replacement

I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I literally laughed when I saw this update. Not because it's funny but because what else can you do but laugh.

I think they'll go with a Green/Gonzales platoon until Corey gets back. Maybe even bring in Carlos Lee or some other veteran. I would prefer they not go with Morris to start. I don't see having him play a couple months and then sending him down being a good use of his service time.

I would prefer they not go with Morris to start. I don't see having him play a couple months and then sending him down being a good use of his service time.

Is 2.5 months of service (April, part of May/Sept) time going to push up his arby date by a year? He will be 26 in 2014 and we are expecting him to earn a spot on the major league roster then anyways, right? If he hasn't earned it by then, then I don't really think that when he will get to arby will matter.

Out of curiosity does anyone know what Gamel will be paid for this year? The full $500K? Can I assume it will be a year of service time and he will be first year of arby next year? Wouldn't that be a kick in the pants having to go to arby and not even know how good the player is yet.

Argh. I've always been a Gamel supporter, but c'mon man! Stay healthy for at least a month! That's all we were asking out of you. Now you have no trade potential! This stinks for him as I feel that he was on a really good path last year. Just very sad for him and his family. And sad for the Brewers too because now we have to go with a Green/Gonzo platoon at first. I think Gonzo's the better option as Green at first did notthing for me. He looks out of position and quite frankly, just weird at 1B. Doubt we'll be seeing Morris in the beginning of the year. My hope is that they can sign Carlos Lee for $1.25 mill and let him be our stop-gap until Hart comes back, and then, we still have our power righty off the bench for the rest of the season. Make it happen Doug! Or...trade Green+ for some 1B depth.

Honestly, If and its a big if, but if Hunter Morris plays just as well or better than Green and or Gonzo in Spring training, I think you let him get the first crack at it. if not you go with a Green Gonzo platoon or something of the sort

My hope is that they can sign Carlos Lee for $1.25 mill and let him be our stop-gap until Hart comes back, and then, we still have our power righty off the bench for the rest of the season.

Carlos Lee is not a power bat anymore.

Archived