Brewer Fanatic

私たちのシーズンがここで準備ができて取得したいのですが。

GenoSeligPrieb
The WBC is probably the most compelling sporting event I've ever seen since the miracle on ice. The only world level sports we compete in are so darn boring that there is no reason to have any interest in them. Competitive baseball before opening day is nothing but a good thing considering how awful March sports are in general. Having said that the actual implementation of the WBC is just awful and ruins any chance of it being a major event for me. The US team is at such a huge disadvantage that it just isn't fun to me at all. The timing of it is complete broken and favors Asian and Caribbean teams to such an extreme that it is just asinine to put any value into the results. The fact the US team puts out maybe 50% of its best players says everything about the integrity of the event and I'm being generous in that 50%.

Rigged in what way? Japan has won it both times and the US's best finish is 4th.

Japan hadn't won anything at the time of that botched play. The US won the game based on the call and, for good or bad, that jives with the perception people in Japan, or outside the US, have.

The WBC is probably the most compelling sporting event I've ever seen since the miracle on ice. The only world level sports we compete in are so darn boring that there is no reason to have any interest in them. Competitive baseball before opening day is nothing but a good thing considering how awful March sports are in general. Having said that the actual implementation of the WBC is just awful and ruins any chance of it being a major event for me. The US team is at such a huge disadvantage that it just isn't fun to me at all. The timing of it is complete broken and favors Asian and Caribbean teams to such an extreme that it is just asinine to put any value into the results. The fact the US team puts out maybe 50% of its best players says everything about the integrity of the event and I'm being generous in that 50%.

It seems like your serious, but I'm not positive.

The whole "March sports are awful" line makes me think you're being sarcastic.

If not, I'd rather watch one NCAA tournament game than the next 50 WBCs combined. And it's not close. I just don't see the point of it at all.

If not, I'd rather watch one NCAA tournament game than the next 50 WBCs combined. And it's not close. I just don't see the point of it at all.

I think the point of watching it, just like all sports and entertainment, is to enjoy yourself. Some people get enjoyment out of their team competing for the World Series, others get enjoyment out of baseball in all forms. I look to my grandparents who go to random little league games because they love the sport. More power to them, I wish I could have that kind of love without the incessant need for my team (Brewers) to be a winner to power my enjoyment.

I think the point of watching it, just like all sports and entertainment, is to enjoy yourself. Some people get enjoyment out of their team competing for the World Series, others get enjoyment out of baseball in all forms. I look to my grandparents who go to random little league games because they love the sport. More power to them, I wish I could have that kind of love without the incessant need for my team (Brewers) to be a winner to power my enjoyment.

I'm not saying he shouldn't enjoy it. I was genuinely curious.

I've rarely (if ever) heard anyone say March sports are awful. I think most people enjoy the NCAA tournament. That's all I was wondering.

God knows I don't agree with everyone's choices nor should they agree with mine. I just thought it was an odd post.

Yeah the NCAA is semi interesting but there is nothing else going on that month. I find myself watching spring training games of teams I don't care about where it is all players I've never heard of by the 5th inning. It isn't as awful as say Feb sports but it is still part of the low point in sports. April through January are the great months for sports. Feb is by far the worst but March is next in line for me.

Yeah the NCAA is semi interesting but there is nothing else going on that month. I find myself watching spring training games of teams I don't care about where it is all players I've never heard of by the 5th inning. It isn't as awful as say Feb sports but it is still part of the low point in sports. April through January are the great months for sports. Feb is by far the worst but March is next in line for me.

I disagree completely. The NCAA tournament is always compelling. I'm also a golf fan, and the PGA tour is in full swing. Then there's high school hoops too and Nascar, of which I'm a casual fan too. The last thing I'm watching is spring training baseball. No, I take that back. The last things are the NBA and NHL I will check in on a Brewer game from Arizona, but I just won't stick with it very long. It's practice. I feel the same way about NFL preseason games. I hated practice when I played hoops in HS and I hate watching it. The NCAA's are one and done. It doesn't get any better.

There's a lot going on in March. It's when sports really start to rev up.

The WBC isn't about the United States. It's not even about Asia or the Caribbean nations. It's about Europe and the bias European leaders who govern international sports. These are the close-minded bureaucrats who recently voted to add Rugby, which only has a serious following in Europe and Australia, but eliminate Wrestling as an Olympic sport.

The WBC started as a result of these same bureaucrats eliminating Baseball a few years ago. This sent a clear message to Baseball officials that they needed to increase their international following, especially in Europe. This is about long-term future of sports. All major sports are jockeying for position globally, as some may not survive 50 years from now. Basketball and Hockey are in great shape globally, Baseball has a solid foundation around the world with the exception of Europe. American NFL football, while the most popular here in the USA, is in really bad shape globally, which is why the NFL is more concerned about placing a team in London than in Los Angeles.

I'm glad Aoki decided to concentrate on solidifying his position as the starting rightfielder for the Brewers over representing his country. Had to be a tough decision for him.

I disagree completely. The NCAA tournament is always compelling. I'm also a golf fan, and the PGA tour is in full swing. Then there's high school hoops too and Nascar, of which I'm a casual fan too

I would rather sit in a room doing nothing but staring at the wall than watch golf, Nascar or any type of basketball that isn't college. I'd probably rather watch soccer than any of those and soccer is just awful. Obviously everyone likes something different but outside of the NCAA tourney March is just bleak.

But yeah the WBC isn't really for us, I can agree with that.

I'm obviously in the minority, as I really enjoy watching all of the teams and different style of play. I don't think it's a surprise the Japanese team has taken the last 2 times (I think, I didn't double-check) because their teams always play so consistently well together as a unit. They will bunt, nibble and scratch their way to victories. I watched Brazil/Cuba last night and Chinese Tapei/Australia the night before that. It's just great to have Olympic-style baseball on TV to watch late at night.

I do agree that it's not a great setup for USA baseball. There just isn't a good time of year to do this to get the very best players involved. However, I'm not just watching it for the US to kick everyone else's tails. Even the DR and Venezuela, who have had some loaded squads, haven't lived up to lofty pre-WBC expectations. We'll see if that changes this year.

Archived