Brewer Fanatic

Bill Hall Tracksuit bobble found at 2011 Brewers on Deck?

TURBO

Found this article, and find it hard to believe that a BH Tracksuit bobble was found on table at the 2011 Brewers On Deck event...

If so, kudos to the lucky Timber rattlers employee... I am wondering if he got it because he works for the T-Rats/Brewers, or he just stumbled upon it along with the rest of the bobbles...

http://www.milb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110126&content_id=16511920&vkey=pr_t572&fext=.jsp&sid=t572

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Understood, but I find it hard to believe that they stuck a Tracksuit bobble out with the other stuff. If he was inside the facility BEFORE the doors open, why didn't he have time to grab the Hall and the Sheets jersey?

I just find it hard to believe there would be a Tracksuit bobble out for anyone to grab at any point during the on deck, but then again, when it comes to the bobble hobby, nothing really surprises me anymore.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is that I am jealous.

:)

Wasn't the Ward bobble being sold by a private seller?

I wonder if the same thing can be said about the Hall? Probably a private seller with a table?

I took it that the Hall was gotten directly from the Brewers, so the chance it was a private seller made more sense. I wish he had said what he paid for it.

• 2 weeks later...

That guy was a fool to take the bobble over the Sheets jersey. You'll eventually have another shot at the bobblehead, you prolly won't ever see that jersey again. The Pilots helmet is probably the best thing he got. That rules.

I've been pretty fortunate in the rummage sale. I go right to the jerseys, then to the bats. You won't find Sabathia, Greinke, or Fielder there, but I got Wolf, Marcum, Morgan, and Gagne. This year I had a Bill Hall bat litterally taken out of my hands. There was a buncha people around, so I couldn't see who took it. It was a bush league move, but I let it go since it wasn't a Prince Fielder bat or something.

I didn't really choose the bobble over the jersey, it just happened that I got one and not the other. Overall, I'd probably want the jersey over the bobble. I'm more upset I didn't get both than which one I did get. The guy who bought the jersey (I believe a media member or a Brewers employee, looked familiar but I couldn't place him) didn't even know it was his All Star jersey, I told him. Because we have a booth at Brewers On Deck, I'm in there early. Sometimes they let me look before doors open, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they let me buy early, sometimes they don't.

You don't want to know what I paid for the Hall bobblehead, it will just make you angry.

That guy was a fool to take the bobble over the Sheets jersey.

Sadly, I disagree with that statement... I would have taken the bobble, 100% positive!

I might be in the minority here, but I need that bobble, the jersey would just be a luxury to me....lol

I didn't really choose the bobble over the jersey, it just happened that I got one and not the other. Overall, I'd probably want the jersey over the bobble. I'm more upset I didn't get both than which one I did get. The guy who bought the jersey (I believe a media member or a Brewers employee, looked familiar but I couldn't place him) didn't even know it was his All Star jersey, I told him. Because we have a booth at Brewers On Deck, I'm in there early. Sometimes they let me look before doors open, sometimes they don't. Sometimes they let me buy early, sometimes they don't.

You don't want to know what I paid for the Hall bobblehead, it will just make you angry.

I just sent you a PM...

I have a guess. And knowing what they charge for bobbleheads it was under most likely five bucks or less.

Don't get me wrong, getting that Hall bobble is great, but the Sheets jersey was probably THE find.

The closest thing I ever came to a huge find I had I was shut out on. I dont wanna say I missed out, but I was held out of a Sheets signed gamer and a Yount game used signed jersey at the On Deck the year of the blizzard at Brookfield Square. I got there early, before it was cancelled, and then they cancelled it right after I got there. I went over to the rummage and I was ready to get both jerseys and a guy was checking me out ($50 for both!!!) when a lady told me "we cant sell these, it's unfair to those who couldn't come out because of the weather" I tried pleading my case since I drove through a blizzard to get there and have the money on me, it's the price they were asking for, blah blah blah, but the lady wouldn't budge. I was pretty bummed out.

Fast forward to last year and I managed to get a signed Betancourt signed jersey for BrewersSuperCollector. So I guess it evens out ;)

Archived