Brewer Fanatic

Chris Carpenter out for the year

markedman5

Looks like career might be over.......

Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale

Carpenter tearfully informed the #Stlcards on Friday that he likely can't continue to pitch, most likely ending a brilliant career.

There's no crying in baseball. How will he explain that to his son?

"There's no crying in baseball. How will he explain that to his son?"

CC "Son...sit down I need to talk to you"

Son "Yes dad"

CC "You know I have had some injuries and I have really fought to come back from them right?"

Son "Yes dad

" CC "well I have to tell you that after that MFer Nyjer Morgan got me mad a couple of years ago I slammed the rosin bag down so hard that I think I wrecked my shoulder for good"

Son "That's horrible dad"

CC "Yeah but don't worry about it.....I've made almost 100 million dollars in my career so it's all good"

Son "That's what I'm talking about! Dad...your the greatest!"

CC " I am aren't I?"

oh well, another card bites the dust

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I want that to be in blue, but I know its destined to happen....

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

What kind of bugs me is that he is not expected to retire, so he will probably collect his 12.5 million this season when the Cards put him on the DL. It doesn't bug me that STL is out 12.5M, but Carpenter probably realizes he's done and still takes the cash. The "classy" thing would be to retire and save the team that $. Right Carp? stay classy.

I hope the injury does not interfere with his post-baseball life. I also do not think I will miss him on the field. It's going to be hard for me to forget his hanging Nyjer out to dry and then 'fessing up to his own less than stellar behavior months later.

Also, pogokat is right. Pretty much every STL signing I've noticed this (and any) off-season has me thinking, "yep, gonna hate that guy now that he's practically an automatic Brewer killer."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

My nearly 4 year old daughter can turn on tears at the drop of a hat for many reasons. I think the next time she cries, I will tell her, "Sweetheart, you're just like a really mediocre baseball pitcher who had too many boo-boos on his arm and a poor attitude." She might ask me what mediocre means, but she probably would be confused. Oh well.

I hope the injury does not interfere with his post-baseball life. I also do not think I will miss him on the field. It's going to be hard for me to forget his hanging Nyjer out to dry and then 'fessing up to his own less than stellar behavior months later.

Ditto. Being a jerk isn't enough to make me want him to suffer the rest of his life. That said I thought his attitude/antics on the field should have been more of an embarrassment to the team than it appears it was.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Ditto. Being a jerk isn't enough to make me want him to suffer the rest of his life. That said I thought his attitude/antics on the field should have been more of an embarrassment to the team than it appears it was.

I strongly agree with these sentiments, and I think you both said it very well.

couldn't have happened to a better person, if you ask me.

When healthy, he was one of the best pitchers in baseball. Whether he was healthy or not, he was always one of the game's biggest hypocrites - that came with wearing the Cardinal uni while LaRussa was managing though, so I'm not sure how much to hold that against him.

Archived