adambr2

I'll give it my best shot on predictions:

Rotation:

Gallardo

Fiers

Estrada

Peralta

Rogers

Gallardo is obviously a lock, and I think Fiers and Estrada are pretty close. Peralta seems too ready to keep down now. Rogers has no options left, so he'll make the roster -- they've invested too much in him to lose him now, especially in a year that they're relying on so many young players anyway. It seems to me like they want to give Narveson every opportunity to win a spot back, I just can't see him being ready at the beginning of the season.

Lineup:

Aoki

Lucroy

Braun

Ramirez

Weeks

Gamel

Gomez

Segura

Not much guesswork here other than the order. Gamel to the bench and Hart in the lineup when he's up.

Bullpen:

Axford

Henderson

Badenhop

Gorzellanny

Gonzalez

Kintzler

Sanchez

I struggled on the last spot between Sanchez and Fautino De Los Santos, but it might be neither one. Both have upside and the back of the bullpen will definitely be decided in Spring Training. I think you can pretty much pencil in the first five, though.

Bench:

Gonzalez

Green

Maldanado

Schafer

Khris Davis

Gonzalez and Maldanado are obvious, while I think Green and Schafer are likely. I put Davis in the 5th OF'er spot because I can't see how Prince or Gindl are better options. He would be down, of course, once Hart returns.

I'm on about the same wavelength with these two exceptions:

BP:

I see Fautino DLS (no options) or Kelvim Escobar (huge pedigree, potential "Kapler Revival/Effect" factor) both more likely than Sanchez (all options remaining, yes?).

Bench*:

Gindl over Khris Davis. Davis was a stud last year but still missed a good chunk of the year. Gindl's been working his way up through the system and has the skills that merit being the next OF prospect to get MLB roster (& playing) time. Also, if Davis proves to be that much of a prospect, he needs to be playing everyday in AAA rather than 3 ABs/week in MLB for Hart's April & May DL time.

*The asterisk to the bench situation, of course, is if Overbay or an equivalent signs on, which would seem to make Green the backup 3B/2B & 5th OF.

The Brewers still see Gamel as the 5th OF, which is why they are bringing in Overbay to occasionally play 1B while Gamel is manning RF or 3B. I frankly don't see any way Gindl or Davis makes the team out of spring training.

It's a battle between Green and Bianchi for the 2nd backup infield spot. If both Green and Bianchi have great springs and Overbay doesn't then Overbay will be odd man out.

The Gonzalez signing also means that Segura is not quite a 100% lock to be the starting SS.

Is the Overbay signing for sure now?

I liked Overbay a lot when he was here, but is it a rule that we absolutely have to have a gritty 30-35+ year old defensively limited "battler" on our team every year?

I'll give it a shot...

Rotation

Gallardo

Estrada

Fiers

Peralta

Narveson

Narveson wins the #5 spot

Bullpen

Axford

Henderson

Gonzalez

Gorzelanny

Badenhop

Kinztler

Rogers

Rogers serves as LR/#6 SP

Lineup

Aoki

Weeks

Braun

Ramirez

Lucroy

Gamel

Gomez

Segura

Bench

Maldonado

Gonzalez

Murphy

Schafer

FA 1B that Doug is searching for

I see Donnie Murphy beating out Bianchi.

I'll give it a shot...

Rotation

Gallardo

Estrada

Fiers

Peralta

Narveson

Bullpen

Axford

Henderson

Gonzalez

Gorzelanny

Badenhop

Kinztler

Rogers

Lineup

Aoki

Weeks

Braun

Ramirez

Lucroy

Gamel

Gomez

Segura

Bench

Maldonado

Gonzalez

Murphy

Schafer

I agree with all of this, except I think Bianchi keeps his spot. And I think Green makes it if a FA 1B isn't signed. There's also a chance that only 2 backup IFs are kept, and they go with a 5th OF. But seeing as the options are Gindl and Davis, I think Gamel will just fill that role.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I'll give it a shot...

Rotation

Gallardo

Estrada

Fiers

Peralta

Narveson

Bullpen

Axford

Henderson

Gonzalez

Gorzelanny

Badenhop

Kinztler

Rogers

Lineup

Aoki

Weeks

Braun

Ramirez

Lucroy

Gamel

Gomez

Segura

Bench

Maldonado

Gonzalez

Murphy

Schafer

I agree with all of this, except I think Bianchi keeps his spot. And I think Green makes it if a FA 1B isn't signed. There's also a chance that only 2 backup IFs are kept, and they go with a 5th OF. But seeing as the options are Gindl and Davis, I think Gamel will just fill that role.

I could Bianchi keeping his spot as well... But my gut tells me Murphy wins out cuz he's a Veteran.

I could Bianchi keeping his spot as well... But my gut tells me Murphy wins out cuz he's a Veteran.

The thing is that Bianchi will have to be DFA'd if he isn't kept, so I see that increasing his chances a bit.

True... Ok Bianchi takes the Bench spot instead of Murphy... Haha

Why not go ahead and give this a shot

Rotation:

Gallardo

Estrada

Fiers

Narveson

Peralta

Bullpen:

Axford(closer)

Henderson(set-up)

Gonzalez(set-up)