Brewer Fanatic

Newest PED scandal: Braun named in Biogenesis clinic records (Reply #365: Additional mention found)

Ennder
He had multiple attorneys, one of which is on the same list as Braun. Just because one attorney wasn't familiar with him, doesn't mean the others weren't. And as he stated, he WAS introduced to him early in the process. Which I take to mean they DID at least talk to the guy in some fashion....potentially hence the payment. If documents do exist that can exonerate Braun, why isn't he pushing those forward right now to just put an end to all of this?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Problem with the point you are trying to make is that there is no date on any of the documents. The purchasing of $20K to $30K of PEDs could have happened over a number of years prior to Braun getting caught.

While I agree that it is hard to fully believe Braun, it seems pretty unlikely that the guy let him keep a tab for years too.

He had multiple attorneys, one of which is on the same list as Braun. Just because one attorney wasn't familiar with him, doesn't mean the others weren't. And as he stated, he WAS introduced to him early in the process. Which I take to mean they DID at least talk to the guy in some fashion....potentially hence the payment. If documents do exist that can exonerate Braun, why isn't he pushing those forward right now to just put an end to all of this?

Fair enough, but considering what Braun said in his statement, Cornwall should have been a bit more clear in his statement. Perhaps stating that while he did not previously know Bosch, other attornys working on the case did and he was introduced to him through them. It would be nice to know how he was "introduced" to Bosch.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Braun's amount owed apparently was the highest amount in the ledger BY FAR. i have never heard of attorneys being caught up in PED's. If Braun's statement is untrue it's a brilliant explanation for sure.

My question is can Braun be suspended for the positive test in 2011 when he's already been cleared?

Community Moderator
why would Braun need to buy drugs on credit?

Buying PEDs isn't exactly something you put on your Visa card.

Those of you that are defending Ryan Braun are digging yourselves as big of a hole as Braun is in himself. I admire your creativity though.

Those of you that are defending Ryan Braun are digging yourselves as big of a hole as Braun is in himself. I admire your creativity though.

It is fine to think he is guilty but please dont insult people who dont agree with you. You come off as acting like you are smarter and able to look at this objectively whereas others are not.

And you're better than us by just reaching the conclusion that this list makes him a cheater without knowing all the facts, seeing all the evidence and letting the process play out?

You can think what you want, but please don't insult me for trying to look at it objectively. You might turn out to be right, nobody is saying flat out it's not possible that he cheated, but this evidence hardly says that, and if he can prove he was in fact a consultant, it means nothing at all.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

This thing is still way too early to bury anyone - even clowns like A-Rod.

Braun, at least, has issued a statement and given a plausible argument as to why his name's on the list. Let's hope he backs it up with invoices or emails or whatever to prove that point.

I will be honest in that I read the original article, but not a lot more. All of this seems to hinge on a handwritten ledger of a shady PED pusher who seemed to like to brag about himself and his connections. Let's give it time. Things like canceled checks, emails, phone records and so forth will emerge - assuming it's all true.

I'm not defending Braun at all. I'm just saying it's way too early to pass judgement on any of these guys.

I think as Brewer fans we do have to be careful how we blindly back our heros. As OWBC said, you could be digging yourself a big hole. This is now two big signs of smoke around Braun. Where there is smoke there is fire. I don't care what people say on here but when a Brewer fan is out in the public talking to non Brewer fans. you can quickly look like a big jerk. I think we need to hear the details and see what happens but I'd warn against blindly buying in to what he's saying, you could end up dissapointed.

At this point, I really don't care about any of this, as long as he's not suspended. I think MLB will come after him hard because they wanted him in 2011 and he got out on a technical loop hole. I hope it is all nothing, but you all have to admit it looks horrible.

A full cycle of anabolic steroids can be priced out around $500 for 10-12 weeks. I'm sure designer PED's cost more, but 20K would buy Braun about 8 years' worth of steroids if he restarted cycles with no breaks in between. That's not how PED's are used, however.

$20-30K in PED's is what people who deal them to a bunch of customers have onhand, not individuals using them. Put it this way, how much of the top shelf stuff at a GNC can you buy if you walk in with $20K?

It makes perfect sense. Ryan is guilty.

He decided to buy a lifetime supply of PEDs..$30,000 worth, and he left his checkbook at home.

Or, maybe Anthony Bosch was a big fan of Cheers growing up, and Ryan Braun was his Norm Peterson, running up a huge tab.

Come on, somebody in Braun's camp just release a copy of the legal contract used in creating a retainer with Bosch. I'd like nothing better than to copy and paste a picture of it to shut some haters up.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I have no clue what PED's cost, but I would not be surprised if 30k wouldn't go too far when it comes to high end designer stuff. Stuff that's not sold to an old grandpa down the block. And you would never use a credit card or a check to purchase stuff like that, you'd use cash. You would keep a tab so that you aren't taking out 30k of cash randomly. You would pay over time I'm sure.

A full cycle of anabolic steroids can be priced out around $500 for 10-12 weeks. I'm sure designer PED's cost more, but 20K would buy Braun about 8 years' worth of steroids if he restarted cycles with no breaks in between. That's not how PED's are used, however.

$20-30K in PED's is what people who deal them to a bunch of customers have onhand, not individuals using them. Put it this way, how much of the top shelf stuff at a GNC can you buy if you walk in with $20K?

This is just it.

Comparing the barebones stories that are out right now, I think Ryan's is more plausible. That's certainly subject to change, but I don't think I'm 'digging myself a hole' by thinking that. There's way too much that is unknown to feel really strongly either way, so I don't blame people for thinking he's a cheat automatically, especially considering the source of the information and the way they are presenting it at the moment.

With something sordid like PEDs, it would be worth paying a much higher price if you had certainty that there was no way it could be connected back to you.

Obviously, that part didn't happen here, but with guys making $10MM+ a year, there is very little difference between paying $500 for something and $20,000 for it.

$500 for the product and $19,500 for the secrecy..

With something sordid like PEDs, it would be worth paying a much higher price if you had certainty that there was no way it could be connected back to you.

Obviously, that part didn't happen here, but with guys making $10MM+ a year, there is very little difference between paying $500 for something and $20,000 for it.

$500 for the product and $19,500 for the secrecy..

good point. Not saying there's anything for certain in this situation. I keep going back to the paper who broke the original story - they included names of players who both admitted use previously (Arod, Melky) and didn't (Nelson Cruz, Gio Gonzalez) in their initial report that linked all of them to PED regimens from the clinic. Braun's name wasn't in that story, and one would think the reporters who researched clinic records looked through everything they had to link him the same way so they could add his name to the list.

The statement Braun made is either a well-crafted lie that is sure to fall apart once enough people start digging, or complete truth that will clear his name but not his reputation in the court of public opinion.

Archived