Brewer Fanatic

Newest PED scandal: Braun named in Biogenesis clinic records (Reply #365: Additional mention found)

Ennder
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One thing I noticed about the statement: It says that Braun and his lawyer are on the "money owed" list. I'm guessing the full list isn't available to everybody at this moment but if his lawyer is on the list, wouldn't that give credence to the story? And wouldn't it make it clear that the list was a "catch-all" money owed list as opposed to just a list of people who owe him for PEDs?

ESPN is saying that Braun's story is "stunning" that no one is "less qualified to consult on PEDs" than Boesch.

I disagree strongly based off the little I know about Boesch.

Since Bosch is apparently a guy who provided or consulted on PED's for numerous major league players that had ties to the Miami area, it's plausible Braun viewed him as a guy that could consult about the things he mentioned in his statement. Usually in these circumstances, there's fire where there's smoke, though. Braun will have to show financial statements proving his story, otherwise nobody's going to believe him, including most Brewer fans.

However, with how Arod and Cabrera's names have been out there from the start being linked to PED's, if Braun fell in that same category you would think his name would have been front and center as well. That's the thing that makes his side of the story believeable.

I go back to my previous statement...the newspaper didn't run his name because they didn't have enough evidence. Is it also possible they have something that can validate Braun's statement?

Also...if Braun's LAWYER is in fact on the list too, then that would certainly help. Was his lawyer taking PED's too?

Regardless, Braun is going to have to prove this in some fashion or other. Nobody pays 30K in consultation fees without some sort of paper trail. A voided check, wire transfer, receipt, contract, etc. IF he can produce any of those, it would certainly help his cause. If the payment was for consultation, there would be no reason to hide the transaction and should be easilly produced.

If Bruan's lawyers actually knew this was coming, you'd think they'd have that documentation ready to go pretty much right now.

This is my look at it. If Braun used Boesch as a consultant for his case last offseason. Then MLB knows this already right? If they put Boesch's statement on what his findings are on Testosterone levels then MLB already has evidence that Braun's story would check out. But if in Braun's appeal case they have zero history of a Boesch findings then he's dead to rights for a long suspension. So, whatever right now. This will sort it self out rather quickly on Braun's case. If what his statement says is true then MLB has a paper trail of their own proving it via last season's appeal process. If they don't then Braun's statement is glaringly false to them. Like someone said earlier this was a UM guy and Braun was a UM student/athlete so the connection was certain to show up. Who knows? Maybe Braun has been the lab rat from the beginning and his whole career is a cheat? Whatever it is, like in Armstrong it will eventually come out.

This is my look at it. If Braun used Boesch as a consultant for his case last offseason. Then MLB knows this already right? If they put Boesch's statement on what his findings are on Testosterone levels then MLB already has evidence that Braun's story would check out. But if in Braun's appeal case they have zero history of a Boesch findings then he's dead to rights for a long suspension. So, whatever right now. This will sort it self out rather quickly on Braun's case. If what his statement says is true then MLB has a paper trail of their own proving it via last season's appeal process. If they don't then Braun's statement is glaringly false to them. Like someone said earlier this was a UM guy and Braun was a UM student/athlete so the connection was certain to show up. Who knows? Maybe Braun has been the lab rat from the beginning and his whole career is a cheat? Whatever it is, like in Armstrong it will eventually come out.

Not necessarily true. He may have used him to gather information, but that doesn't mean he used the information in the appeals process. If he DID actually reference it with regards to tampering, then yes, it's in the appeals process and MLB already knows. If he didn't use it but can show it was part of his defense somehow, then he's probably fine.

The more I think about it, the more his explanation makes sense. He's just going to have to prove it. But to recap....his name isn't on any list that is associated with any PED sales. His amount owed is about 10x more than every other person on the list (how many drugs was he getting?), his lawyers names are supposedly all over the documents. And the paper that ran the story would have loved to break the Braun news but didn't because it felt it had no sufficient evidence. Just hope he can actually prove it somehow.

I don't know that I believe him and it wouldn't surprise me if he was a long term user. There is nothing in here that suggests a suspension though. It is just his name in a book with no real link to PED usage at all. I guess if someone at the clinic actually testifies against players there might be a case but just from this story there are no real worries.

I don't know that I believe him and it wouldn't surprise me if he was a long term user. There is nothing in here that suggests a suspension though. It is just his name in a book with no real link to PED usage at all. I guess if someone at the clinic actually testifies against players there might be a case but just from this story there are no real worries.

My exact thoughts.

Not necessarily true. He may have used him to gather information, but that doesn't mean he used the information in the appeals process. If he DID actually reference it with regards to tampering, then yes, it's in the appeals process and MLB already knows. If he didn't use it but can show it was part of his defense somehow, then he's probably fine.

The more I think about it, the more his explanation makes sense. He's just going to have to prove it. But to recap....his name isn't on any list that is associated with any PED sales. His amount owed is about 10x more than every other person on the list (how many drugs was he getting?), his lawyers names are supposedly all over the documents. And the paper that ran the story would have loved to break the Braun news but didn't because it felt it had no sufficient evidence. Just hope he can actually prove it somehow.

Well, to pay a guy 20-30k for some kind of potential evidence to use to prove your innocence had better be used in the case. Otherwise, that's some of the worst use of 30k I've heard of. Hell, at least those others are named for less than half that much and got some kind of return on it!

Nothing in this story will shock me, from either Braun or from guys like Passan who are doing everything they can to try to get Braun. Make no mistake: There are people out there pursuing this story with an agenda.

This general story has been out there for a while now. To me this reeks of guilt by unfortunate association, but I'm open to all facts. It does seem to me to be quite interesting that Braun is yet again put in the position of having to prove his innocence rather than accusers and insinuators having to support their accusations and insinuations beyond an initial report.

In other news, still waiting for the written decision on the Brann case that MLB made sure would never see the light of day.

OK. So you're making gobs of money selling illegal drugs to professional millionaire players. And not only do you keep records on a piece of notebook paper, you also use their full names?

How about Bryan Aun? Or Alex Rodrigo? Seriously? I'm not sure who's dumber. The guy selling it and writing it down or the guys buying them? And if you make 10s of millions a year, you can't get "a guy" who does this stuff for you and your name is NEVER ANYWHERE REMOTELY NEAR THIS GUY'S 8TH GRADE NOTEBOOK?!?!?

With all that being said, I think Braun is a cheater and he probably has been for a long time. I think it's still rampant in baseball despite Selig pounding the drum on how well the testing works. I read a few posts where people said they don't care and I get that. But I do care.

I found a way to let it go last time. I knew better but figured he'd never get close to any of it again and avoid any more junk. I thought that last season was vindication for him. But who knows. All of this stuff is so advanced now that I doubt anyone outside of those doing it could begin to fathom the techniques they use.

I've watched too many people give too many statements and pass too many tests without having a positive one through multiple sports to believe him at this point. Too much smoke. I'm just rambling now. Ugh. This sucks.

Another player on the list is making a statement. If this can be proven true, it can certainly help Braun, in that the list he's on could very well be moneys owed for virtully anything - legal drugs, PED's, consultations, etc.

Also releasing a statement was Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli, who also appeared on one of the documents obtained by Yahoo!. Cervelli responds:

"Following my foot injury in march, 2011, i consulted with a number of experts, including biogenesis clinic, for legal ways to aid my rehab and recovery. i purchased supplements that i am certain were not prohibited by MLB.''

Oh, I saw that at midday and was literally planning to tweet Adam McCalvy and ask if he really wanted to invite trouble with a headline like that. I would have had a chance to do it when I got home tonight, but then I had to shovel. Damn you, snow!

Of course, I realize it's possible McCalvy doesn't write the headlines.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

PEBadger's got it right. Agendas, agendas, agendas.... Poor!

I just watched the main ESPN.com/mlb link on Braun. Both the host & T.J. Quinn (the reporter) sure seem to be making certain assumptions in how they're framing the story, and it starts with the host's set-up intro of Quinn where Quinn then chimes in with his report. I quote directly:

"How is baseball approaching the allegation about this Miami clinic providing PEDs to baseball players, specifically Ryan Braun?"

From what we're hearing, there are no allegations of PEDs re: Braun, just a name on a sheet, and Braun offers an immediate & viable explanation, Braun states his intention to cooperate fully, and now Cervelli on the Yankees chimes in with a similar reference. So that whole set-up is overt sensationalism, just plain irresponsible journalism, or both.

Community Moderator
Umm...yeah...The New Times article made it clear that Boesch's business isn't the kind that provides consulting. But you have to commend his lawyers for the effort, it's clearly working on some of you.

Archived