Brewer Fanatic

Newest PED scandal: Braun named in Biogenesis clinic records (Reply #365: Additional mention found)

Ennder
They didn't have his name directly linked to any PED's like they did with A-Rod, Cruz, esc. So they didn't report his or any others that didn't.

And this is still the case....so the paper used it's best judgement and didn't run it. But Yahoo sure didn't hesitate with the same exact picture. Just shows how blatantly different ethics are at some places. His name is on a HAND WRITTEN piece of paper. I know it's illegal and whatnot, but if players are going to be paying you 20-30K at a crack, wouldn't you keep those records on something that couldn't get ruined by a glass of water smudging everything in it?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

“There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list.

“I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

“I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.”

http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/2013/02/05/braun-statement-2/

“During the course of preparing for my successful appeal last year, my attorneys, who were previously familiar with Tony Bosch, used him as a consultant. More specifically, he answered questions about T/E ratio and possibilities of tampering with samples.

“There was a dispute over compensation for Bosch’s work, which is why my lawyer and I are listed under ‘moneys owed’ and not on any other list.

“I have nothing to hide and have never had any other relationship with Bosch.

“I will fully cooperate with any inquiry into this matter.”

http://brewersbeat.mlblogs.com/2013/02/05/braun-statement-2/

Pretty rational explanation, especially considering there was no PED next to his name.

Huh. Well I suppose that's plausible, and makes sense....but nobody will believe that. Unless, he can somehow prove it. Maybe show phone records from the lawyers to Bosch? If they used it in the appeal...they would had to have prepared documents about that. Unfortunately, those were made confidential so I don't know how they could show that.

I know Bosch is in prison, but he could still ultimately be interviewed right?

Too bad it didn't say "Braun - lawyer consult" or something. The article DID say that Brauns amount was significantly higher than all the other players on the list. Not sure how much higher, but that could be something as well.

If Braun is claiming that dude provided "consultation" that at least one of the parties believed to be worth $20-$30K, wouldn't there at least be some paperwork to prove it? And if it is NOT the truth, no one would be this stupid to use this excuse. I mean, it would take one denial from this guy or one other scrap of evidence. Either Braun's team is telling the truth or they must be pretty confident in this lie.

What did it mean by the "Braun advantage" then?

Just speculating but didn't Milky attack his PED result by using the same defense Braun did? Could "Braun advantage" be an industry term that refers to attacking the handling of the sample. If the Braun advantage is simply about PED's then why would they name it after Braun? There has been more popular and better baseball players than Braun to have used PED's, I don't understand why only his name would be used in that context.

What did it mean by the "Braun advantage" then?

I suppose it's possible that since the Braun PED controversy was still pretty fresh in everyone's minds that Bosch used that as a euphemism of sorts. Who the hell knows at this point.

I believe that explanation. I worry that Boesch will blackmail him at some level and sort of has him by the balls, but I feel like the truth should be easy to discover here. I really wish we didn't have to worry about this sort of thing in sports, but it is the reality we live in.

I think the best argument has to be that there is no way that he goes back to the well after what happened last off season. Just no way. He knew that MLB was after him and would love to bust him, so it would be bolder than brass to go out there and push the envelope again.

On the other hand, the "Braun Advantage" comment also is very strange. Could "Braun Advantage" has become a term in the roid industry for successfully taking something and winning an appeal? That part confuses me.

Formerly Andersoc420

Deft statement, but keep in mind that the lawyers have known this was coming down the pike so they've had plenty of time to craft it. If nothing else, I think that the truth is going to come out here one way or another with this. Now that he's been linked to a 'lab', if he was doing something, multiple people are likely going to have the goods on him and squeal. One thing that is on Braun's side is that no one has done that in the past year. Let's hope that he's telling the truth.

Archived