Brewer Fanatic

Newest PED scandal: Braun named in Biogenesis clinic records (Reply #365: Additional mention found)

Ennder
  • Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess if enough evidence comes out of this then that is enough proof for me everything else considered. I will still cheer for him so long as he keeps putting up his numbers. He can just kiss all star games, MVP's, HOF, and his entire legacy goodbye.

Seems like you're not a great WI athlete until you completely tarnish your legacy. See: Favre, Brett.

None of the records obtained by Yahoo! link Braun to specific PEDs or their use. New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia are also listed on the records.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera and others are being linked to PED use by a Biogenesis clinic run by Anthony Bosch.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/06/brewers-ryan-braun-name-shows-up-in-clinic-records/?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp

So he is linked to the clinic but not to PEDs in the same report that links other people directly to PEDs. Am I reading that correctly>

None of the records obtained by Yahoo! link Braun to specific PEDs or their use. New York Yankees catcher Francisco Cervelli and Baltimore Orioles third baseman Danny Valencia are also listed on the records.

Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, Texas Rangers outfielder Nelson Cruz, Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Melky Cabrera and others are being linked to PED use by a Biogenesis clinic run by Anthony Bosch.

http://tracking.si.com/2013/02/06/brewers-ryan-braun-name-shows-up-in-clinic-records/?sct=hp_t2_a10&eref=sihp

So he is linked to the clinic but not to PEDs in the same report that links other people directly to PEDs. Am I reading that correctly>

It does indicate he owed Bosch 20-30K. Those would be some pretty expensive vitimins.

"The third record is a letter from Bosch that appears to be to Juan Nunez, a former runner for the ACES sports agency that represents Cabrera, Cruz and Gonzalez. Though undated, it congratulates "Juan" on "the MVP award" – a possible reference to Cabrera's All-Star Game MVP – and continues: "This smells like the 'Braun' advantage."

This part of the report seems particularly damning to me. May not list specific ped use, but not good.

It does indicate he owed Bosch 20-30K. Those would be some pretty expensive vitimins.

Ahh. That doesnt seem good

Kind of funny how ESPN is the only major sports website that isn't putting this out there yet. They are absolutely going to torch Braun.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8919375/ryan-braun-name-miami-based-ped-list-according-report

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It sure looks bad, but let's see. MLB has to investigate it all....who knows. It could all be [removed by moderator].

I do find it funny that the initial article doesn't site Braun or the other players because of lack of evidence (mainly just his name on a list) but that Yahoo has no problem running with it with just a picture and not all the other facts, evidence, documents that the paper had access to.

It sure looks and feels bad though. Unless it can be proved that this entire things is virtually bogus, Braun is pretty much screwed. People may have given him the benefit of the doubt (sorta) last time, but I see no real way he can avoid this at this point....sadly, it just seems to make it that much more likely that he took them in the first place and got lucky last year. But we'll see.

It sure looks bad, but let's see. MLB has to investigate it all....who knows. It could all be BS.

I do find it funny that the initial article doesn't site Braun or the other players because of lack of evidence (mainly just his name on a list) but that Yahoo has no problem running with it with just a picture and not all the other facts, evidence, documents that the paper had access to.

This is a very good point. Why isn't he mentioned in the newspaper's initial report then?

probably because the newspaper cant afford a potential defamation suit whereas yahoo could easily handle it

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Possibly, but there was something that gave them pause. Obviously Braun would be a huge name to have on that article and they chose not to run it. I doubt it would purely be because of defamation, though it is possible.

I did read that the newspaper is still deciding what to do. They are under no obligation to give MLB any evidence or anything else they have found. Without that, I'd find it very difficult for MLB to suspend players for their names being on a list. It also however means that if there is any evidence that Braun didn't do anything other than have his name there, it may never come out.

Possibly, but there was something that gave them pause. Obviously Braun would be a huge name to have on that article and they chose not to run it. I doubt it would purely be because of defamation, though it is possible.

I did read that the newspaper is still deciding what to do. They are under no obligation to give MLB any evidence or anything else they have found. Without that, I'd find it very difficult for MLB to suspend players for their names being on a list. It also however means that if there is any evidence that Braun didn't do anything other than have his name there, it may never come out.

Unless more evidence comes out, consider me unimpressed by what evidence they have that is linked to some of these players. I have a hard time believing that any company would keep track of what people owe them by a handwritten note, particularly when that person owed them $20-30K. If all it takes to convict a player is their name written down on a sheet of paper with no other evidence then fans are entering into a new low of finding players guilty before proven innocent.

I would guess the news sites are vindicating themselves from Braun's "false" test last year

in other words, this is more of an "I told you so"

I don't really see how he could be suspended based on conjecture, but he sure is heck is going to be hated totally until the end of time now

edit: if im choosing one of the above, i'll take McNaulty

Archived