Brewer Fanatic

Newest PED scandal: Braun named in Biogenesis clinic records (Reply #365: Additional mention found)

Ennder

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8884955/mlb-investigating-south-florida-ground-zero-ped-war

Manny, Colon, ARod, Grandal and Melky all linked to this clinic as guys busted for PED's. Gio Gonzalez and Nelson Cruz linked to it as players not busted. There are more names but these seem to be the big ones. All of the players appear to be latin and/or have a link to University of Miami which had me scared to death that I'd see Braun listed but I think that would have hit the news by now if it were the case.

This second link is much much more detailed. So detailed I didn't have time to read it.

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2013-01-31/news/a-rod-and-doping-a-miami-clinic-supplies-drugs-to-sports-biggest-names/

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not suprising at all. Arod isn't going to be able to put up much of an argument when Melky, Grandal, and Colon all got suspended in 2012. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Arod is going to conveniently miss almost the whole season anyways so he won'y have to face much music.

I am a little skeptical that Cruz is using but I guess it does make a little sense.

Heyman tweeted a reminder that there doesn't need to be a positive drug test to trigger a suspension. If these reports are confirmed (not sure how that process goes), then they could be disciplined.

50 games without Gio would be pretty harsh for the Nats.

I would actually prefer for A-Rod to not get suspended, just so the Yanks are on the hook for all the money.

Community Moderator

I haven't read the article yet but I definitely feel better about Braun knowing that he isn't listed--although there is always the risk of more clients being leaked later. This clinic is about 2 miles from my current residence, it is literally across the street from the University of Miami baseball complex (and ironically, Alex Rodriguez field).

I wonder if MLB has grounds to suspend Cruz and Gonzalez? Probably not, I'm assuming?

Edit: Thanks JimH5

There probably isn't sufficient evidence for those two to be suspended though unless the feds have something other than what the papers got. They went into pretty gritty detail on what some of the clients used and how much it cost. Gio and Nelson were much more vague.

all they have to do is prove any of those players possessed banned stimulants/hormones/steroids and they'll be subjected to the disciplined outlined in the MLB JOINT DRUG PREVENTION AND TREATMENT PROGRAM. they dont have to use it, they could be clean, but if the doctors notes say the players posessed the substances, and there is notation of payment for the substances, the burden would then be on the players to prove they didnt posess the substances.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

This is actually good for Braun if he's not on the list, and I think his name would be out if he was. Mainly because it'll help clear his name more. Gotta figure he'd be involved in this if he was legitimately using PED's. Overall, just glad he hasn't been mentioned. The other names really don't surprise me.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

This is actually good for Braun if he's not on the list, and I think his name would be out if he was. Mainly because it'll help clear his name more. Gotta figure he'd be involved in this if he was legitimately using PED's. Overall, just glad he hasn't been mentioned. The other names really don't surprise me.

Heyman also tweeted that there are rumored to be more names associated with this case, but that the newspaper didn't have enough evidence to name them.

So, good for Braun (and everyone else in the world who wasn't named), but that may just be temporary until more info comes out.

Community Moderator

Gio Gonzalez is completely denying that he ever had any contact with Bosch.

It sounds like Bosch was a little cocky/arrogant (not surprising for Miami). But it seems unlikely that he would falsify clients.

"[bosch] was always talking about A-Rod," says one former employee who asked not to be named. "We never saw any athletes in the office, so we didn't know if he was just talking ******** or not. But he would brag about how tight they were."

I think it's likely that MLB hands out suspensions.

Indeed, there are two patterns to the names of athletes in Bosch's records: (1) Most have direct ties to Miami and often to the UM Hurricanes baseball program, and (2) a number have already been caught doping — which suggests that either Bosch isn't particularly gifted at crafting drugs that can beat performance tests or his clients aren't careful.

I believe Ryan Braun. Let me say that straight out. However, this is the scariest part of the article to me. The best news about the whole article is that by the time this guy Bosch opened Colonial Services or Biogenesis in 2009, Ryan Braun was long removed from Miami and the U of M baseball program. Still too close to home for me.

For cripes sake. I'll give Braun the benefit of the doubt for now because this document doesn't list any PED with any mention of Braun. But this doesn't look good; of course I felt about the same way when the stuff came out last year

He might be able to skate on a suspension again because of that, but if the other 10 guys got PED's, I don't think Braun was getting multivitamins.

Archived