Brewer Fanatic

Brewers On Deck

hofcs

I hope everyone who could make it, had a great time.

I try to collect the 5x7 photo cards that they give out at each station. There are three cards that I am looking for (signed or unsigned)..........If anyone happened to pick up a Jim Henderson, Carlos Gomez or Ryan Braun please let me know. I would love to work something out with you if you got one.

Thanks

Mark

I did pretty great. My friend was helping me out, and I made out pretty well. I always miss out on the team signed balls, but I make up for it in the gamer jersey haul. This year was no different. I got a Wolf retro, a Marcum white, a Gagne navy, and a Morgan BP jersey. I tried negotiating with a guy who had a Morgan away navy but he wouldn't trade.

Next I bought two Gamel and two Morris bobbles for 20 each. Both that I needed for my collection. I was pretty happy about that.

I got all the prospects I wanted, all on cards, except Hunter Morris and Scooter Gennett (whose signature has gotten much worse since he first started signing) on balls and Morris on 2 bobbles. I'll get Roache and Coulter on balls when they get a little closer to the majors. I opted to buy a Maldinado and Estrada ball from Waukesha Sports, for 20 each. That made it a little easier to get more guys later as I was limited on balls to start the day and wouldn't have to worry about lines. My buddy managed to get me Ron Roenicke with a "2011 NLC Champs" inscription, and Carlos Gomez while I went and got Jim Gantner on a bobble and Jerry Augustine on a card.

For the first time I won the lottery and was able to get Weeks on a Huntsville bobble for my buddy. He put "25" under his name to match the uni number he wore with the Stars.

From there my buddy got Lucroy on a bobble for a friend of mine, and I got Mike Fiers on a ball. The day ended with me meeting Mr. Belding.

I had pretty much everyone I wanted to get from years past so I wasn't really going for any big names outside of Weeks. I had a great time, and am pretty happy the Brewers have figured out how to tweak anything needed from year to year to make this a smooth event for everyone.

In the end I got

4 game used jerseys

4 new bobbleheads (2 signed)

3 other bobbleheads signed

7 balls signed

12-14 cards signed

Not bad for an 9 hour day on no sleep.

Would love to hear everyone else's story of their day!

Here's mine...I didn't go cause I had to work :(

I'm envious of the sweet bobble finds, but relieved I didn't have to sweat it out with never-ending lines and elbow-to-elbow crowds.

I would love to hear how everyone else's trip was, especially the grab bags, which I understand went up in price this year...

I had a pretty good time at the On Deck cause I enjoy standing in lines. I did end up getting a decent amount of autographs this year. Signed baseballs:

Victor Roache

Clint Coulter (who's agent or something refused to let him use my pen to sign the ball, kinda strange)

Tyler Thornburg

Hunter Morris

Mark Rogers

Jim Henderson

Logan Schafer

Jim Gantner and Jerry Augustine on "What's Brewing" magazines

Also got cards signed by Kentrail Davis, Mitch Haniger and Matt Erickson. Which if anyone wants any of these they are more than welcome to have them.

I bought a grab bag at around 2 pm. They were $25 this year, don't know if that is more than in the past, but they had a ton left at 2 pm. Anyways, I got Amaris Ramirez and Randy Wolf bobbleheads(again if anyone wants these, let me know). 2 tickets to a game, 2011 DVD, t-shirt, hat, a couple pins and a few other trinkets.

All in all it was a decent time, I just really didn't like how they did the "Bonus" stage, Caleb Gindl sat there for a few minutes just waiting for Thornburg to show up with 100+ people waiting for Thornburg. Kinda felt bad for the guy.

The better grab bags were in the Brewers charity foundation area. That's where I pulled my game used jerseys with some other trinkets thrown in like an ornament. The only time the crowd was elbow to elbow was when the doors first opened. Other that that it wasn't bad. I got some great bobbles and regret not pulling the trigger on another. I wasn't fully aware what it was until after the fact. Live and learn.

I got a total of 33 signed cards, 7 - 8x10's and a signed Northwoods League ball by Mitch Haniger. Roache and Haniger inscribed '2012 first round pick' on the photos. Haniger thought my NW ball was really cool.

Was really disappointed in the overpriced grab bags. My shirt and towel both had stains and the hat looked like it had been worn. Got a Ramirez and mini-Vukovich bobble

I found it quite funny how many people had no clue who our first round pick Victor Roache was. The guy signed at the minor league table, tossed a ball around a little with some kids in the Kid Zone then wondered through the crowd all day long taking pics, holding babies and signing everything put in front of him. He was a great guy, I really hope the best for him. He must have signed a million autographs

I thought the Bonus Stage was kind of lame. Guys like Khris Davis, Gindl, and Burgos should of all been signing together. Seemed kinda silly imo to have 1 guy going every half hour and having a lady standing right next to them saying 1 per person. But all in all I'll be back just like I do every year

Roache had his entire family, and maybe extended family and friends with him. I saw him a few times with a buncha people around him all smiling, laughing, and having a good time. All the minor leaguers were really nice. I only thought to have Coutler inscribe "2012 first round pick" on a card.

After Morris signed my bobblehead, a lady who worked for the stars said that Hunter's son, Trip, would sign the bobbleheads with him after games. He would just put a giant "T" on his head. I got a kick outta hearing that.

I forgot to add this earlier, but Marco Estrada's signature musta took him a long time to perfect. I really like how big and loopy it is, even though no one would be able to decipher it without knowing who it was.

My shirt and towel both had stains and the hat looked like it had been worn.

I thought the Bonus Stage was kind of lame. Guys like Khris Davis, Gindl, and Burgos should of all been signing together. Seemed kinda silly imo to have 1 guy going every half hour and having a lady standing right next to them saying 1 per person. But all in all I'll be back just like I do every year

Are you sure that hat wasn't game used. A guy I was in line with had gotten a Gamel game used hat in a grab bag which then he went to get Gamel to sign it. Is there a number underneath the brim?

I don't think that bonus stage will be there next year.

Hard to believe those blue minis were going for $10. I would have probably bought another set just to have an extra.

Were they being sold by the Brewers, or a private dealer?

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

private dealer. they had bobbles at the rummage sale, but they made it clear there were no alternates, that they'd been picked over by staff already.

I'm not surprised, I had a powder blue ogilvie up last week at 12.99 and no one bid on it. I relisted it, and there's a bid on it now, but I think it's beginning to show an overall decrease in demand. The collectors that want them have them, and there isn't many new "die hard" collectors based on the amount of catch up that needs to be played, and space available.

I think I'm gonna have an impossible time selling off my extra Capuanos, Suppans, Overbays, etc at $5.99 each. Thankfully I sold off a lot of extras a few years ago only have one or two extras of each each, and not 6 like I had in the past.

they had bobbles at the rummage sale, but they made it clear there were no alternates, that they'd been picked over by staff already.

thablingster scored a T-Plush bobble from the rummage sale inventory, proving "them" wrong in at least one case.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

they had bobbles at the rummage sale, but they made it clear there were no alternates, that they'd been picked over by staff already.

thablingster scored a T-Plush bobble from the rummage sale inventory, proving "them" wrong in at least one case.

*like button*

I prolly shoulda picked up a few bobbles. I didn't even ask about prices on em when I was told that. I'm trying to reduce my collection, so I stayed away.

They lied about the bobbles "all being the same." They just didn't want people looking in the boxes (which I understand, the way they enforced it was quite poor though). There were at least 6 people looking in the boxes, so that's probably why they did it. I found a retro Greinke (which someone snagged from under my nose while I was looking at the Morgan bobbles) and as hawing said, a "T" Morgan.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

My shirt and towel both had stains and the hat looked like it had been worn.

Are you sure that hat wasn't game used. A guy I was in line with had gotten a Gamel game used hat in a grab bag which then he went to get Gamel to sign it. Is there a number underneath the brim?

I don't think that bonus stage will be there next year.

No chance. It looks like a little kids hat

Archived