Brewer Fanatic

J. Upton to Braves, Delgado+ to DBacks

Raw Biz
Yeah I was just looking at this year. On paper this year the Braves aren't better than they were last year other than the fact that all of their young guys have another year of experience. This isn't a huge step up from last year though I do think they are better overall.

Interesting lineup that Fredi says he will use: http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8895112/justin-upton-atlanta-braves-bat-third-team-lineup-manager-fredi-gonzalez-says

SS Simmons

RF Heyward

LF J Upton

CF BJ Upton

C McCann

1B Freeman

2B Uggla

3B Johnson/Francisco

I don't like the non-split of the LH in the middle, nor do I like BJ Upton at cleanup. I think I would be more inclined to move BJ to #2, Heyward to #3, JUp to #4 and figuring a way to split McCann and Freeman by putting Uggla between them. Either way, this lineup is going to strike out a TON.

• 1 year later...
it's reported that the brewers are among the list of teams in justin upton's no-trade list.

Contract question?

How many no-trades lists are set in stone from inception for the length of the contract versus the type of contract where the no-trade list is updated annually by the player (if the agent doesn't drop the ball)?

FOX Sports' Jon Morosi reports that Justin Upton has updated his no-trade list in order to allow him to block deals to the Cubs, Brewers, Indians, and Blue Jays.

Also of note is CBS Sports' Jon Heyman reporting that Upton has removed the Mariners from his no-trade list. The Braves are said to be contemplating listening to offers for Upton, Jason Heyward and Evan Gattis this offseason. Upton is slated to hit free agency after the 2015 campaign.

Source: Jon Morosi on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/1310/justin-upton

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived