Brewer Fanatic

Brewers add Gold Alternate Jersey full time starting in 2013

Vgmastr

I like 'em. I remember they were a huge deal in that September promotion back in 2011. I called the store at MP to see what they cost & it was beyond obscene for an authentic one. I think I'll have to wait 'til they're on mlb.com or something similar, then catch the right sale/promotion deal.

Of course, if I strike it rich or win Powerball or something, I won't have to wait for a sale. . . .

I too love the ball and glove logo. I mean it's so great! I honestly think they should be going back to it in some way. I feel like it's such a classic. We can change colors or whatever but the new trend is to go back to the old and I think we should try to get out ahead a little on that. We might be too late.

What would be awesome is if we went back to the late 90's uniform!!!!.......ok maybe not!! Ha.

interesting. Yellow's not really an in-color these days. Seems like greys and blacks are very big (crazy, in late 90s when I was in school, nobody wore those colors)

Imo brighter colors are definately more in then they were in the early 2000's late 90's from what I remember. I work at Dick's and I definately see more bright colors as options for clothing then I did a few years ago

• 1 month later...

I was able to get a new gold jersey via eBay, at a great price too, and thought I'd dredge this thread up to show the actual color to those of you who are interested.

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/mbrunette33/IMAG0563_zpsa2fa71d7.jpg

http://i661.photobucket.com/albums/uu336/mbrunette33/IMAG0564_zps91772e3d.jpg

I'm not against it or anything, I just don't love it. If it was just every once in awhile, maybe I'd be cool with it. To me it just doesn't seem very MLB. Seems more like a college uniform or something. I'm up for giving it a chance, seeing it in action. I also think some of my issue is that it doesn't mesh for me that well with the hat.

But The Show has early 90s script ball and glove logo jersey and the sweet road grays from the late 80s early 90s with the right shade of blue. Unlike the current alternate ball and glove which is sky blue for some reason. Go figure.

That drives me crazy. Makes no sense.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Ya I don't get why they can get the throwback right but not the current alternate? and why even put in throwbacks the team never wears in exchange of two alternates that the team actually wears

But The Show has early 90s script ball and glove logo jersey and the sweet road grays from the late 80s early 90s with the right shade of blue. Unlike the current alternate ball and glove which is sky blue for some reason. Go figure.

That drives me crazy. Makes no sense.

Not to nitpick a great game...but what really drives me crazy too is when you wear the retro uniforms and the coaches wear the current uniform jackets.

Seriously though, how can they include the new BP hats and not include the actual game jersey gold alternate?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived