Brewer Fanatic

Brewers add Gold Alternate Jersey full time starting in 2013

Vgmastr

more uniforms the better, they need one for each day of the week so they dont wear the same thing two days in a row. such a fashion faux pas

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

I will have to wait to until I see them for a few games during the year but I really don't love them. They just seem like they don't fit the "major league" look. Seem a little cheap looking to me, like a softball league type of jersey......but they may grow on me.

A couple things here:

1. I am a traditionalist who wants only white for home and gray for away. I would be ok with one white alternate (think chest patch like the Nationals or Yankees) for home and one blue alternate for away, but I think having as many uniforms as the Brewers do now are kind of overkill. While the gold is not hideous, we have way too many uniforms now IMO.

2. I find it interesting that the Brewers chosen finalists in the YOUniform contest do not incorporate any part of the current logo. This leads me to believe that the Brewers are going to switch it up. To me, the introduction of the gold jersey is a money grab for the current look before switching to something new. As I mentioned in the YOUniform thread, I think the Brewers are going to change uniforms after this season and that contest is the determining factor in how they will proceed. Ball and glove wins, I think you see a return to that. However, if the Barrelman hat jeresey wins, I think you could see a complete re-design of the current brand to something we haven't seen.

Regardless, the introduction of the gold uniform for 2013 only furthers my belief that the team will be switching uniforms after this season and this is simply a money grab until they determine which direction they will go; back to their ball and glove roots or a complete re-design.

I think one factor might be that the players really liked the gold unis when they've used them in the past too.

I know a lot of people want to see more of the retro uniforms, but the players really don't like them (at least according to some supposedly in the know).

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

They're being unveiled at Brewers On Deck Sunday. I know a lot of people here didn't like them, but I loved them, and am very happy to see them added.

Link

Interesting that 62% of the respondents (as of this posting) on the John and Cait blog prefer the Retro Brewers uniform. While not a scientific poll by any stretch of the imagination, the response does overwhlemingly support the ball and glove over any other uniform.

I think it's really more the logo than the colors. The M/B ball/glove logo is just awesome and it's hard to imagine anything cooler IMO. Why they ever went away from it I will never understand. I think the players hate the old color scheme and/or pinstriped look. I'd be all for keeping the current color scheme and just using the new logo.

62% seems low to me actually. I don't know anyone that doesn't like the ball/glove logo.

62% seems low to me actually. I don't know anyone that doesn't like the ball/glove logo.

Cue the onslaught of "Stop living in the past" posts...

I'm all for changing things up logo/color wise from time to time, but that logo just seemed to make so much sense. Covers the sport, the city/team and it's awfully creative IMO. But obviously not everyone feels that way...sorry.

I'm all for changing things up logo/color wise from time to time, but that logo just seemed to make so much sense. Covers the sport, the city/team and it's awfully creative IMO. But obviously not everyone feels that way...sorry.

Sorry to confuse -- I love that logo & agree with you on why. But BF.net has users that consistently bash it & accuse anyone who likes it of living in the past.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Sorry to confuse -- I love that logo & agree with you on why. But BF.net has users that consistently bash it & accuse anyone who likes it of living in the past.

Agreed TLB, and to me this is one of the more annoying arguments of the M with Barley vs. ball and glove. The love for the ball and glove has nothing to do with living in the past. Absolutely nothing to do with it. I could care less that the Brewers had their best season or best personalities in these uniforms in the 80s. It is simply a preference between the two. Like brwrsfan said above, the ball and glove "covers the sport, the city/team and it's awfully creative" and to me, is what the Brewers identity is. The current set, while not offensive, isn't the Brewers and there is nothing unique about it IMO. But that is my opinion.

To state a generality that anyone who prefers the ball and glove is living in the past is a misinformed opinion.

interesting. Yellow's not really an in-color these days. Seems like greys and blacks are very big (crazy, in late 90s when I was in school, nobody wore those colors)

I'm so glad they didn't go black. that would have been ugly. i love the uni-watch's term BFBS (black for blacks sake). Upon thinking about it, i think this is a great Sunday home game jersey and hopefully its used for that only.

They can call them gold if they want, but my eyes see something like the color of Guldens Spicy Brown Mustard.

Lager. They're lager, baby.

That Randy Wolf pic looks lagerish, but that artist rendering with Player 5 seems to me to be more like wood putty. That may just be my old-man failing vision.

I like the Green and Gold colors of the 1970s Swingin A's teams. We'll see if this new one rubs off on me.

I really would like them to wear home whites more often. . .but they seem to do well in merchandise sales with all the alternates.

Archived