Brewer Fanatic

brewers variants 2013? and beyond?

pepsimax23

seems like an unlikely proposition that the brewers will be offering variants of all-fan sga bobbles this year? many obscure / goofball designs released (1913 corey hart, piwowarzy racing sausage, cerveceros carlos gomez, 1970 pilots gorman thomas) - it seems sensible there are no 8:1 variants sga!

if this is the case for 2013 season - congratulations on those of you whod complained about it or hoped it stopped, what a relief your wish has come true!! but my guess is that "special" bobbles could still be released in limited supplies to "season seat holder gifts" or other "special events".

what does everyone else think? i couldnt find any prominent discussion about this variant speculation..

I am one who is hoping for no retro/alternate/variants this season.

With 10 to collect, plus the stitch-n-pitch, that should be plenty.

Add that on to the minor league bobbles, and we are talking probably another 20+ new ones to collect...

If there are this many every year, display and storage become an issue, so I may be in the minority, but I think that fewer is better...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Agreed Turbo. I'll do my best to keep up with these. there's still a four or five I don't have from last year (between majors and minors), but I won't be chasing them as they are pretty available on eBay, and when the time comes, I know I can get em. Right now, just have no space, and limited interest.

That said, I'm pretty excited for the Aoki and Scott. Based on those two, I'm hoping the rest look as nice.

Agreed Turbo. I'll do my best to keep up with these. there's still a four or five I don't have from last year (between majors and minors), but I won't be chasing them as they are pretty available on eBay, and when the time comes, I know I can get em. Right now, just have no space, and limited interest.

That said, I'm pretty excited for the Aoki and Scott. Based on those two, I'm hoping the rest look as nice.

• 2 months later...

seems logical the regular / variant split will be 87.5 / 12.5 - its been that way since the beginning - 2004. i've also been to a few dbacks games where "alternate jersey autographed w COA" was 10 / 20000. probability of getting one of those were less than 1%. nobody lost any sleep.

i gotta say that i do appreciate the complaints and hopes against it. the brewers know these dolls are super popular and adding the uncommon pieces just adds fun. somehow seems to get lost that no one NEEDS to get every piece ever issued. but i think we all agree that the fun outweighs the moments of grief / obstacles / cost.

i gotta imagine the japanese buyers will make themselves known this wknd. whos going to retro friday tonight!! i'll be there to pick up a thumbs up bernie.

BHBqd_QCIAIsHmB.jpg:large

Actually, there is going to be at least 2 others (Scott and Kuenn) that will have 2 versions, but they will do half white uni and half powder blue. So roughly 20,000 of each. Maybe more than those 2, but he heard those 2 for sure.

This is not official, but I did get the information from a reliable source.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

that h kuenn powder blue is one of the most attractive sgas i've seen them make! almost as great as the cerveceros variant from last year.

i'd picked up the birthday bag yesterday, no bernie inside. i'll start a thread regarding this toy.

Actually, there is going to be at least 2 others (Scott and Kuenn) that will have 2 versions, but they will do half white uni and half powder blue. So roughly 20,000 of each. Maybe more than those 2, but he heard those 2 for sure.

This is not official, but I did get the information from a reliable source.

Id much rather them do half one Jersey and half the other. It may make chasing the rare ones less fun, but who had fun paying 50 bucks on ebay for a pinstripe Jason Kendall bobblehead?

Archived