Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day 2013 tickets: enter drawing between 1/22 and 2/11

hawing
I'll be very unhappy if I get stuck in the waiting room. First time I've ever won and if I can't buy any tickets I will be very annoyed.

last year i logged in right before 9am and stayed there for over an hour and only was able to buy single obstructed. hopefully you have better luck this year than me.

Opening Day has become more or less a holiday in this state. It wasn't always that way, seems like it just happened in the last 10 years or so, but the Brewer are maximizing profits on this one. Just think about what they cost on the secondary market if those are the face values.

I think I got exceptionally lucky, as I clicked in right at 9 and it let me in to buy tickets immediately. The guy next to me at work did at the same time and wound up waiting for almost 10 minutes and when he got in, he got seemingly the last 2 seats together. I wound up with 4 together in the Terrace Reserved, not horribly bad seats. One of them is obstructed, I assume by a railing, but I'm pretty pleased and feel very lucky.

My brother in law had 4 tickets lined up and the checkout button wouldn't work. He lost his shot at tickets.

I used to go to Opening Day every year but I am sick of this. It started with the Brewers jacking up ticket (and parking) prices and no longer giving out opening day packages to local bars. And then making it extremely difficult to get tickets without buying a season ticket package. Now it seems like even this opening day lottery thing doesn't work right. If you "win" the lottery you shouldn't walk out without tickets unless you choose not to purchase them. There shouldn't be this mad rush to buy tickets you won the right to buy. Why not put a little extra effort into it and spread this out over a few days with the first winners having first choice so people don't have to sit at their computer for an hour on a Tuesday morning just to score tickets to Opening Day?

I accept the fact that the Brewers are trying to maximize the amount of money they get out of this. It's just no longer for me.

Paul one thing you need to realize is that this gives the opportunity for Brewer fans across the state. If it was limited to area bars as it used to be, I would have a minimal chance of being able to go. I have now been to 3 in a row and will go to my 4th this year. It's a great time. I have gone through the lottery every year. There are definitely tricks to doing it and I always make sure my browsers are up to date at least once a year. I guess I would be interested to know who else had problems with the virtual waiting room? I did it this weekend with the Twins website to score some Brewer tickets in May and it worked fine. I've never had an issue with the Brewers either?! Prices were definitely higher this year, but I trust our management to work in good faith to increase payroll, which they have proven they are willing to do when the turnstiles keep clicking. Just my 2 cents.

The prices are higher because the Brewers are implementing demand based pricing. Which means that ticket prices rise and fall depending on how many people want them. So for some games, there will be some very, very cheap seats and for others prices are going to be almost double face value (like the terrace reserved for Opening Day).

I had no issues with the waiting room or the ticket selection/paying process. That just sounds like horribly bad luck.

Paul one thing you need to realize is that this gives the opportunity for Brewer fans across the state. If it was limited to area bars as it used to be, I would have a minimal chance of being able to go.

If you are going to go anyway wouldn't you be able to go just go to the bar first? Either way, let's not kid ourselves by saying the Brewers changed the rule so people from outside the area have as good a chance to go. The Brewers did it to sell more season ticket packages.

And like I said, I have no issue with them doing what they need to do to make more money and sell more season tickets. The issue I have is with how they run their lottery. I don't know why they need to jam all of these sales into one day but if they spread it out over two or three days then people who have already won the right to tickets wouldn't now also have to rearrange their schedule so they can be at a computer at a specific time on a specific date. I'm sure it wouldn't take too much work to offer the first 1000 people a code that works on day 1, day 2 and day 3, the next 1000 people a code that works on day 2 and day 3 and the last people a code that only works on day 3 (not necessarily 1000 people a day but some sort of breakdown based on how many tickets are available). Instead you have all these people trying to get in to buy tickets at the same time and naturally you experience problems.

I never said they changed the rule to accomodate from outside the area, but it makes them more available to all fans. And once again, how many people are having problems? I have never had a problem in virtual waiting rooms and have been in them over a dozen times. I'll probably be in one tomorrow going for marquee games. Also, I would be interested to know how many people purchased tickets today. I wonder if there were 3,000 separate orders? That would equate out to about 10-12K tickets or so (just an estimate).

Archived