Brewer Fanatic

Opening Day 2013 tickets: enter drawing between 1/22 and 2/11

hawing

brewers.com press release

Didn't get a chance to post this on Monday, so if you're just reading this now you've missed on a few hours' worth of the Opening Day Opportunity (as it's capitalized on the Brewers' website). Besides entering for a chance to buy up to four Opening Day tickets, entering here also gets you a chance to buy up to eight tickets for Gold/Marquee games.

The press release does say "a very small number" of opening day tickets will be set aside for zachlaka and his buddies whoever lines up for the start of single-game ticket sales in late February. That date has not been announced - though based on the pattern of previous years, Saturday, February 23 would make sense.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Was it always just single seats and standing room only? I thought in previous years that you could get 2 together for Opening Day?

I think in past years they've said it would be single seats and SRO just so people don't get their hopes up, but on the on-sale day they've paid plenty of pairs available. I got a pair of Club level tickets last year that way.

I emailed my ticket rep today and was told that information regarding ordering extra tickets (including opening day) is being sent to 20-game-holders either today or tomorrow.

Alright, thanks a lot for the info. I appreciate it! Looking forward to that arriving!

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Was it always just single seats and standing room only? I thought in previous years that you could get 2 together for Opening Day?

I think in past years they've said it would be single seats and SRO just so people don't get their hopes up, but on the on-sale day they've paid plenty of pairs available. I got a pair of Club level tickets last year that way.

It depends on how many package holders buy "extras".

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

It depends on how many package holders buy "extras".

They've stopped offering opening day extra's (at least for my 20 game pack). It mostly depends on how many season ticket holders get the opening day package.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If your 20-pack is the Opening Day Plus package, you aren't offered additional opening day tickets anymore. I guess I can kind of see where the Brewers are coming from there.

Welp, we have an opening day plus package and got the order form on Thursday to request two additional tickets for April 1. Our other 20-pack does not include opening day, so maybe that's why we got the form. Either that, or my post above was incorrect.

I don't have the Opening Day plus package, I have the fans choice and did select opening day as a game. I wasn't able to buy additional Opening Day tickets though. I was given a chance to buy every other game but Opening Day. I'm confused.

I don't have the Opening Day plus package, I have the fans choice and did select opening day as a game. I wasn't able to buy additional Opening Day tickets though. I was given a chance to buy every other game but Opening Day. I'm confused.

I think that's because (in the Brewers' mindset) you already have tickets to Opening Day. My memory is that's what our ticket rep told us last year when we weren't offered additional OD tickets.

Ask your rep if you want clarification. If nothing else, s/he might be willing to put you on a wait list in case some open up very near to April 1. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

• 3 weeks later...
I actually won the lottery too...first time ever. Just hoping I can get two tickets together somewhere. If not, I suppose standing room only would be the next best option? They aren't for me, I have them in my package but some of my friends want to go. If it were you, would you rather have a single seat somewhere or standing room only?

I actually won the lottery too...first time ever. Just hoping I can get two tickets together somewhere. If not, I suppose standing room only would be the next best option? They aren't for me, I have them in my package but some of my friends want to go. If it were you, would you rather have a single seat somewhere or standing room only?

Get the seat. If you want to stand, you can stand. If you want to sit, you can go sit.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

If I could wind up with two sets of two or four together, virtually anywhere, that would be great. But if they wind up with standing room seats, I could care less. I'm way too nice to my friends I think :/

The fact that you get them in the door should be more than enough. If they complain about seat location, just tell em they won't have to worry about it next time. :laughing

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Lol, thats a very valid point. And really, the ones that I'm getting the tickets for probably care about the tailgate as much as the game itself. We have 8 in our 20 pack, and those people obviously like going to the games. Every year I have another 6-8 people as me if we have opening day extras, more or less just to be par of the party. I almost always say no but figure I'll try the lottery just in case but I've never actually won before.

And really, I could care less where they sit :) They won't be by me...

Archived