Brewer Fanatic

Hart to have knee surgery (Reply #88: Had surgery 1/25)

markedman5

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The double whammy here is that not only will they miss his production for the first 6 weeks of the season, but any possible mid-season trade value that he would have had will probably be brought down a notch or two.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I tweaked the subject line so others might not assume (as I hoped momentarily) that this was last year's "Corey Hart off-season knee surgery" thread. :( Back to thinking about the opportunities created by this latest off-season knee surgery.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Obviously you never wish injury on anyone but if you were gonna tell me that at least one projected regular wouldn't be ready to go for opening day I would have hoped it was Corey as we at least have some semblance of depth at the 3.

All right, we know Gamel likely becomes starter while he's gone. Who takes Gamel's spot on the bench remembering Gamel was going to play some OF too? Sign a vet?

I think you're probably right that Melvin will want a vet, but I think Khris Davis might be a good short-term fix -- he'd provide the RH power bat off the bench that the 25-man roster seems to be lacking.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

He may very well have knee issues, but somebody needs to convince me that the guy doesn't sandbag injuries/surgeries to skip Spring Training.

Really? Is this sarcasm? Sandbag a surgery to skip Spring Training? Is this part of some wild truther movement in regards to Hart?

Edit: On a very unrelated note...I just noticed that everyone's "number of posts" counter seems to be stuck on the same number for each post.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

All right, we know Gamel likely becomes starter while he's gone. Who takes Gamel's spot on the bench remembering Gamel was going to play some OF too? Sign a vet?

The obvious solution is to trade for Mark Kotsay. Lol. Or get Kapler out of retirement.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

That's not sarcasm. This is the third year in a row that an injury has occurred over Spring Training and he has been almost completely healthy otherwise.

The injuries were freak or lingering before this one as well.

Yep, Corey Hart -- you hear questions about his character & work ethic all the time

And he hurt his knee last season running in spikes on concrete, not walking. Guess that wouldn't fit your narrative, though.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I think you're probably right that Melvin will want a vet, but I think Khris Davis might be a good short-term fix -- he'd provide the RH power bat off the bench that the 25-man roster seems to be lacking.

Perhaps but it's a role that is better suited for a vet. Of the names out there, a Jeff Baker seems like a logical fit to me.

I like Hart and think he has great work ethic. Just too much of a coincidence to ignore anymore.

Not sure how you can think he has "great work ethic" and also believe he's "sandbagging injuries/surgeries to avoid spring training". Those two thoughts seem to be in direct conflict with each other.

Archived