Brewer Fanatic

Marco and BB agree to terms

markedman5

So, according to the updated salary page on this site (nice job updating that so quickly!!) the Brewer payroll for 2013 currently stands at $72 million. Assuming they don't make any additional major aquisitions, this is quite a drop from last year's payroll.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I would love to see Gonzalez signed to play SS with Segura to AAA.

Highly unlikely. Segura will be the starting SS for the Brewers, and I'm very excited about it.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

I wonder if they signed Gonzalez to backup SS, could they use him at 3B and 2B too? I don't think he's played there, so maybe just 3B.
I tried to log in on my iPad. Turns out it was an etch-a-sketch and I don't own an iPad. Also, I'm out of vodka.

I would love to hear your reasoning for this statement. Segura has proved that he is ready.

Segura proved he would be adequate right now if we needed him. I think Gonzalez would be a better SS next year and Segura's 2019 season will probably be more valuable to us than his 2013 season.

I think Segura will be our starting SS this year. It isn't what I would do but I think that is what will happen. I don't even want Gonzalez back if Segura is the starter. Leaves our manager the opportunity to "play the hot hand" and we could have our young SS stuck on the bench wasting service time.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Backup utility infielders are easy to find. I find it hard to believe the difference between Bianchi and Gonzalez is worth the couple of million dollar hit to the payroll.

If a move is made to provide cover for Hart, I'd rather it be in the form of a player who can make up for his absence in a tangible way. Someone like a power hitting bat off the bench or a pitcher.

i find it extremely hard to say how valuable seguras 2019 season would be to the team. obviously we have no idea what the system will have for depth in 6 years. the 3-4 mil would be much better going somewhere else right now. i'd say we're pretty well covered at short with segura and bianchi. if gonzalez took a minor league deal i would say sign him up and he and bianchi can fight over backup/triple-a.

I would love to hear your reasoning for this statement. Segura has proved that he is ready.

Segura proved he would be adequate right now if we needed him. I think Gonzalez would be a better SS next year and Segura's 2019 season will probably be more valuable to us than his 2013 season.

What? His 2019 season? How about his 2014 season. It's pretty clear your not high on Segura. I'd like to know why. This kids bat is going to get better each year, and his ceiling is high.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

What? His 2019 season? How about his 2014 season. It's pretty clear your not high on Segura. I'd like to know why. This kids bat is going to get better each year, and his ceiling is high.

Exactly. He will be a better player at the age of 29 than the age of 23. If we keep him in the minors this year there is a better chance he will be playing for us in 2019.

Why do you think I am not high on Segura? I want to keep him around a year longer.

I blame Wang.

Logan,

Your not as high on him as I am. I actually believe that Segura will be better than Gonzalez this coming season. We have a "very" good SS in Segura. I understand the extra year of control idea, but It's time to give Segura his chance full time.

Logan,

Your not as high on him as I am. I actually believe that Segura will be better than Gonzalez this coming season. We have a "very" good SS in Segura. I understand the extra year of control idea, but It's time to give Segura his chance full time.

Of course I am not as high on him as you. That does not mean I don't like him.

By next season I mean the 2013 season. I think Gonzalez would be better in 2013 than Segura. One season in AAA wouldn't hurt.

I blame Wang.

I could go either way. I think Segura is ready but I also understand the value of an extra year of control. He seemed to prove himself in the last few months last year but I don't think a year or even a few months of AAA this year would stunt his growth since he came straight from AA.

If I were running the team, I probably would have traded Hart and resigned Sea Bass for this year only. I would have at least started Segura in AAA, with an eye on 2014, maybe the AS break depending on how he/the team was doing. But I also understand that he probably could handle playing everyday this year.

Ultimately, it's just a matter of whether you think that extra year of control is worth it and how you view the Brewers competing this year. I think they're a long-shot for the last WC spot so I probably would have held him back.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

guess were gunna be closer to 80 than 120 million this season, huh?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

guess were gunna be closer to 80 than 120 million this season, huh?

I thought it was 72-75 million at this point?

oh, it was a reference to the quote in my signature, some jabroni honestly thought milwaukees payroll was going to be over 110 million this year.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived